Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

mastertech1985's the ones we missed: first up is Manny Pacquaio vs Israel Vazquez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mastertech1985's the ones we missed: first up is Manny Pacquaio vs Israel Vazquez

Both fighters held major world titles in a very deep weight class, 122, where PauliE Ayala was the Ring Champion

Although Paulie was the man, I favored Manny, Larios, and Vazquez over him if they ever met

Vazquez may not be an all-time great in most eyes, but IMO he had an all-time great heart, grit, enough skills, and power to give any great fighter between 118-126 hell....imo he is a top ten all time great junior featherweight

Vazquez is best known for his 4- fight series with Rafael Marquez who he went 2-2 against, he went 2-1 vs very good Oscar Larios, and also has wins over current featherweight titlist JHonny Gonzalez, and former titlists Jorge Elicier Julio, Jose Luis Valbuena, etc

Id favor Pacquaio slightly, seeing that he was the more physically gifted of the two with athleticism, IMO Vazquez would be physically stronger but he cut a lot and could be hurt.

I'd say Pacquaio stops him late on cuts after giving us one of the greatest fights in junior featherweight history

I think Vazquez would have beaten Pacquiao. However Vazquez Great Rival Rafael Marquez would have been beaten by Pacquiao.

Comment

Israel was a little cute sexy boy in his prime. mmmm yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Brush My Hair View Post
        I think Vazquez would have beaten Pacquiao. However Vazquez Great Rival Rafael Marquez would have been beaten by Pacquiao.
        Yea...Rafael was the better puncher, better technique, a lil more naturally talented, but Vazquez had a heart that pumped Gasoline and determination. I think IZZY had a better chance than Rafael because of his grit, size, and physical strength

Comment

i think manny would have been too much for paulie.

larios and vasquez too probably beats paulie.

thing is paulie barely stayed at 122. he went for the big money fights at 126.

larios gave pac a good fight at 130 later and israel use to hang with pac sparring at wildcard.

but pac, like ayala, was drawn up in weight for the barrera, morales fights.

by the time izzy, larios got their belts pac was already about to fight/already fought barrera at 126.

Comment

Originally posted by Brush My Hair View Post
            opposite.

izzy was too small. pac had like 4 inches and 10-15 lbs on him.

pac at 122 was like 140+ lbs fight night.

izzy can hang with pac sparring but whole different ballgame with CLITORIS gloves and no headgear.

rafa would have had a better chance imo. rafa was very skilled, if he didn't try to slug. i always thought rafa was better than jmm.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
              i think manny would have been too much for paulie.

larios and vasquez too probably beats paulie.

thing is paulie barely stayed at 122. he went for the big money fights at 126.

larios gave pac a good fight at 130 later and israel use to hang with pac sparring at wildcard.

but pac, like ayala, was drawn up in weight for the barrera, morales fights.

by the time izzy, larios got their belts pac was already about to fight/already fought barrera at 126.

Ayala was fun to watch but I hated they screwed mi vida loca.....I liked Ayala but he Tapia deserved at least one of those fights. It seemed like more times than not Ayala always got the upperhand on the cards in a close fight

Manny's Last fight at 122 was july 2003

Vazquez got a shot at Larios and lost in 2002....even though he didn't have a belt he still was a top contender....before Manny moved up he also beat Jorge Julio was a former titleholder and another lower level opponent

Larios was the WBC title holder before Manny moved up. they fought at 130 but I think if they fought in 122 he would have fought a primed Larios. He did go one to win the wbc feathweight title

Comment

opposite.

izzy can hang with pac sparring but whole different ballgame with CLITORIS gloves and no headgear.

rafa would have had a better chance imo. rafa was very skilled, if he didn't try to slug. i always thought rafa was better than jmm.
                It doesn't change my opinion on who I think would win between Vazquez and Pacquiao. However the points you make about Rafa are very interesting. But I still think Pacquiao beats Rafa.

Comment

opposite.

Their was a time when Rafael was the more accomplished of the brothers, Marquez.....when he was defending his IBF title at 118, I thought he'd become a hall of famer. He had 8 title defenses, beat HOFer Marc Too Sharp Johnston, and one of the most overlooked good little Tim Austin.....He was clinical against Silence Mabuza. Great technique and combinations.

Above 118 Rafa was quite the physical beat nor quite as sturdy.

Comment

Originally posted by mastertech1985 View Post
                    Ayala was fun to watch but I hated they screwed mi vida loca.....I liked Ayala but he Tapia deserved at least one of those fights. It seemed like more times than not Ayala always got the upperhand on the cards in a close fight

Manny's Last fight at 122 was july 2003

Vazquez got a shot at Larios and lost in 2002....even though he didn't have a belt he still was a top contender....before Manny moved up he also beat Jorge Julio was a former titleholder and another lower level opponent

Larios was the WBC title holder before Manny moved up. they fought at 130 but I think if they fought in 122 he would have fought a primed Larios. He did go one to win the wbc feathweight title
                    you gotta remember pac was a nobody pre-2001 ledwaba fight.

ledwaba to barrera was only 5 fights.

1 was agapito unification, 1 was julio (TYSON-LEWIS undercard)

the other 2 was tuneup in philippines for filipinos.

maybe if he lost to barrera we could have seen those fights.

Comment

Working...
                    X