HBO want commitment from Cotto for Canelo next if they broadcast his fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
    i wonder if canelo is gona try to demand the proposed cotto fight be at 155
    It will be the opposite. Canelo is bigger than Cotto and it looks like he has a tough time making the weight. I think Roach knows this and will have him fight at 154.

Comment

They won't approve this, but they'll approve Kirkland?

Comment

Will be interesting to see how this plays out. We know Cotto is the type of guy who doesn't like to be told what to do; he's very sensitive and diva-ish. But at the same time, there is apparently some dislike between Haymon and Jay-Z which could prevent them going that route, so there aren't a lot of options for Miguel. He should want to fight Canelo anyways imo. It's more winnable than a Golovkin fight (although I'd still predict Canelo to win), plus it earns him the highest possible payday. The only reason he wouldn't want that fight is if he doesn't like his chances.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          Are they asking the same of the ginger?
          good question

Comment

HBO is supporting the guy they signed long term, Canelo.
            GOOD.

That's a good business decision, they want to earn Canelo's respect and loyalty. This does it.

Hopefully, Cotto agrees.

Comment

lol if Cotto and Roc Nation runs off to Fox Sports. Correct me if Im wrong, but Roc did their card on Fox previously.

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
                That guys the biggest ****ing tool in Boxing scene history. He talks about people being nut huggers but would literally suck the black off Floyds dick, if given the chance. He's worthless to society, in every possible aspect.
                well said.
                Last edited by El-blanco; 03-22-2015, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
                  They won't approve this, but they'll approve Kirkland?
                  Canelo has a contract with HBO, Cotto does not.

Canelo has showed the willingness to fight anyone in the past, so putting him in with Kirkland is very little risk to HBO because he's under contract and wants the big challenges. Cotto lately seems unwilling to fight the best in his division.

HBO is smart to get some sort of guarantee that if Cotto fights Bundrage and they broadcast it that they get a quality fight out of Cotto in return. It's good business.

Cotto's best move is to go with HBO. They have two big fights they can get him: Canelo and GGG. Both are good revenue generating fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                    Showtime should snatch Cotto-Bundrage to secure Mayweather-Cotto 2 in September.
                    yup I dont see any other option for showtime.

Comment

Just for the record Dan Rafael,reported awhile back that rocnations vice-president said Cottos deal was nowhere near 50 million.

Comment

Working...
                      X