No announcement yet.

Will Klit mentally fold against Fury?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by denium View Post
    Fury completely pwned him on Ringside, made him look like a fool imo. From 5.45:

Fury throws 2x as many punches as Wlad & has a brilliant engine, even when he was very over weight he never got tired. Wlad will get tired before Fury, providing Fury can avoid the early KO of course.
    yea,,,fury does have excellent stamina for a huge heavyweight. will give him that

Comment

Brits have created their own alternate boxing reality. It really is amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by beez721 View Post
        klitschko sheep? no pal,,,Ive criticized wlad when its been warranted but I also give praise when its been earned. you on the other hand are nothing more than a fury nuthugger that ignores his flaws and focuses on nothing but his strong points. Ive never said pulev was that good a fighter but hes also far from a bum. same thing with fury. fury is a descent boxer but hes also vulnerable and pulev isnt a big puncher but hes far from feather fisted. he hits as hard as fury imo

It's not fury nuthugging to say that he is way better than Pulev because he is. It would account to blind ignorance or Klit licking on ones part to claim the opposite and no Pulev does not hit harder than Fury or do anything better than Fury for that matter. It might be harsh calling him a bum but he really was a piss poor fighter with no tools or abilities other than a decent jab. I always knew he was ****e and I gave him zero chance against Klit. Fury on the other hand is finally a challenger with a full set of skills, does many things better than Klit and is coming in with full confidence that he's going to beat Klit and help bring boxing back. Does he have weaknesses? Sure. But Klit has gaping holes in his game that can be exploited. For one he won't be able to impose his clinch game on Fury because he's the smaller, weaker man and can't fight inside to save his life. Take clinching away and you take almost everything away from him.

Klit's just been the best of a weak era for a number of years. He's really no better than Frank Bruno imo. He's very similar to Bruno in many regards and that's a 50/50 fight imo and if he fought in Bruno's time he'd have a career arc much like Bruno's.
        Last edited by KnockoutNed; 03-13-2015, 11:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KnockoutNed View Post
          It's not fury nuthugging to say that he is way better than Pulev because he is. It would account to blind ignorance or Klit licking on ones part to claim the opposite and no Pulev does not hit harder than Fury or do anything better than Fury for that matter. It might be harsh calling him a bum but he really was a piss poor fighter with no tools or abilities other than a decent jab. I always knew he was ****e and I gave him zero chance against Klit. Fury on the other hand is finally a challenger with a full set of skills, does many things better than Klit and is coming in with full confidence that he's going to beat Klit and help bring boxing back. Does he have weaknesses? Sure. But Klit has gaping holes in his game that can be exploited. For one he won't be able to impose his clinch game on Fury because he's the smaller, weaker man and can't fight inside to save his life. Take clinching away and you take almost everything away from him.

Klit's just been the best of a weak era for a number of years. He's really no better than Frank Bruno imo. He's very similar to Bruno in many regards and that's a 50/50 fight imo and if he fought in Bruno's time he'd have a career arc much like Bruno's.
          youre really underrating wlad. hes much more athletically gifted than Bruno. he's quicker and moves better and hits just as hard as Bruno and has a better gas tank. in all honesty,, I think a prime Bruno would have starched fury. fury does some things well but hes vulnerable to power and if Bruno couldn't have caught him with something big wlad certainly could and likely will. by the way,,,,wlad is much stronger than fury and would have no problems in the clinches. just because fury is taller and weights more doesn't make him the stronger guy
          Last edited by beez721; 03-14-2015, 12:52 AM.

Comment

I dont mind the brits rooting for their jipsy king , nor the fact that some ppl pick Fury to win , but the way they describe it as a blow out , easy fight , wlad has no chance is what makes me question their boxing IQ\knoweldge , you CANNOT pick Fury to easily beat wlad and say you have any backing to it.

Comment

youre really underrating wlad. hes much more athletically gifted than Bruno. he's quicker and moves better and hits just as hard as Bruno and has a better gas tank. in all honesty,, I think a prime Bruno would have starched fury. fury does some things well but hes vulnerable to power and if Bruno couldn't have caught him with something big wlad certainly could and likely will. by the way,,,,wlad is much stronger than fury and would have no problems in the clinches. just because fury is taller and weights more doesn't make him the stronger guy
              No you're really underrating Bruno and overrating Klit. Bruno was not much slower or much less athletic than Klit, it's infuriating seeing people continually saying or implying that nonsense. He moved decently for his size but not as well as Kilt, his punches could be quite sharp and fast. He was stiff stand up boxer yeah, but Klit is too. His jab was an absolute sledgehammer of a punch and it was very fast and snappy. He was more active with his jab than Klit is and didn't do as much pawing and stiff arming that Klit does that gets called a jab by his fans. Unlike Klit, Bruno could actually fight somewhat competent on the inside and could throw a mean uppercut and mix it up to body and head. Bruno was the harder puncher. 38 out of his 40 wins were by KO, one of the two guys who lasted the distance was Oliver McCall who had probably the strongest jaw in the history of the sport. McCall who fought both Lewis and Bruno said Bruno was a much harder puncher and hit him the hardest he was hit in his life. Bruno was freakishly strong too. If Klit tried playing grab ass with Bruno like he does with all these guys he's fighting he'd get roughed up. Klit's cardio is not better, he's famous for his multiple gas outs in fights. He is just super cautious now and clinches like mad so he doesn't burn too much energy. Bruno tired because he fought aggressively and for most of his career refused to clinch because it went against his warrior code as he put it in his autobiography "From zero to hero". He only actively clinched when he won the WBC title against Oliver McCall and his last career fight against Mike Tyson. If it wasn't for Mike Tyson, Lennox Lewis etc Bruno could have had a much longer title reign. In this weakass era he would most likely have been the king.

Bruno and Klit are decent enough fighters but flawed and beatable against guys with more ability and all round skills.

Klit won't be able to effectively clinch Fury because of Fury's size strength and far more advanced infighting. Klit relies on leaning and holding down on the backs of guys necks. He won't be able to reach up higher to Fury to pull him down like he was doing to Povetkin and other smaller shorter opponents. Klit can't clinch and he'd get beat up in close. Don't kid yourself he'd have huge problems in the clinch. That is the worst place for him to be in that fight.

Make no mistake about it, Fury is the bigger and stronger man than Klit. I've seen him deadlift 250kg years ago and he's bigger and physically stronger now. Take away Klit's clinch game and you all but take him out of the fight. I don't even need to get into all the other advantages Fury has over Klit.
              Last edited by KnockoutNed; 03-14-2015, 06:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KnockoutNed View Post
                Tyson Fury has stated more recently in a few interviews that one of Klit's biggest weaknesses is his mind.

David Haye wound Klitschko up badly in the buildup to their fight. On the night Klitschko fought gunshy and timid barely throwing any punches. He never came close to hurting the tiny glass chinned cruiserweight he outweighed by more than 2 stone.

Now this same skillful trashtalker Haye who so badly wound up Klit was himself completely knackered by Fury and verbally humiliated at every media gathering between the two in the buildups to their fight. Fury had Haye so shook, he mindfuked him into pulling out of fights 2x. Aside from the physical advantages/attributes Fury has that Klit has never faced or can adequately prepare for, how will Klit mentally deal with a man who has the mouth to mentally frustrate him far more than Haye could possibly do?

Will he continue to side step fury as he's done or will he be mentally destroyed before he even can step foot in the ring with him?

He are some highlights:

The verbal beatdown starts at the 7 minute mark

What a load of trash. Fury is a moron; Wladimir isn't afraid of him.

Comment

Klitschko fought so scared in the Haye fight, it was horrible. Haye did everything he could but it's hard when a long legged man is trying to run from your @ss the whole night.

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
                    Pulev wouldn't win a single round against Fury.
                    Have you honestly ever watched a Pulev fight ? I know you hadn't watched Abell fight you so often enjoy referencing.

pulev does hit hard enough to hurt fury. they both fight with there chins in the air and are vulnerable to punchers. fury is a better combination puncher and mover but pulev has the better jab and chin imo. I think wlad made pulev look worse than he really is. that left hook he landed would have iced almost any heavyweight. I just think pulev and fury are both descent fighters and evenly matched
                    Recapping on the fight, Wlad turned nasty in that fight upon the rabbit punching from Pulev if I recall correctly, that was my take anyway. It kinda started out like any other Klitschko fight, Pulev was frustrated himself fast and was punching during the clinch. Wlad for me went into the fight as cool as ever. Pulev quite simply as you say stirred up the hornets nest, and lets not forget Wlad wanted to put on a show for HBO and the American ensemble in his quest to bring Wilder Stiverne winner to the table ASAP hence why he is fighting Jennings in front of the Americans again this April.

Take nothing away from Pulev, he systematically beat Dimitrenko and Ustinov into submission, the same Dimitrenko and Ustinov who had never been stopped before and the guys Fury has been so carefully matched to avoid his entire career, yes solid medium level European level contenders as one Fury cheerleader so proudly claims Pulev to be ! Pulev has proved himself head and shoulders above these 6' 7 and 8" euro contenders. He clearly belongs in the higher echelons along with Povetkin and past contenders such as Chagaev and Ibragimov.

Originally posted by Canvas View Post
                    Brits have created their own alternate boxing reality. It really is amazing.
                    I'm not actually sure if this is hilariously funny or frighteningly scary, to think their is an island housing nearly 70m of these people, it sends a shock wave down my spine.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
                      Klitschko fought so scared in the Haye fight, it was horrible. Haye did everything he could but it's hard when a long legged man is trying to run from your @ss the whole night.
                      You genuinely can not believe that if you saw the fight, Wladimir pressed the action the entire fight ! He doubled Haye's output, this is a ridiculous statement.

Comment

Working...
                      X