Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mikey update! He wont be fighting anytime soon

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know what the beef between him and Arum stems from?

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
      Probably but he signed a fawking contract and he needs to honor it! I'm tired of these athletes being greedy. Fight whatever fights you need to then bounce or pony up and buy your contact out like Floyd and Oscar otherwise stfu.
      oh quit being a arum groupie there are so many of you these days and its obvious hes a piece of greedy trash himself

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
        Anyone know what the beef between him and Arum stems from?
        like always arum finds shady ways to keep fighters under contract

Comment

Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
          Are you assuming this is the issue or is this fact?

I cant see how a promoter can force someone to remain under contract. A fighters contract consists of 2 things. X # of fighters he will be facing within an x amount of time during his contract. So long as the fighter (such as Miguel Cotto) fulfills his contract obligations, then he's free to walk.

Same thing happened with Chavez Jr. Ultimately he blamed it on "not understanding the contract".

Comment

Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
            What promoter doesn't? TR pays their lawyers handsomely to figure out ways for it. Haymon's contracts are 5 years with a 4 year extension, a promoter wouldn't be allowed to make such a contract and it was recently ruled invalid in Canada with the Beterbiev issue.

Comment

People hate on Top Rank, and I am not saying they are innocent but they actually have built fighters to be stars.

Comment

Originally posted by Unseen View Post
                People hate on Top Rank, and I am not saying they are innocent but they actually have built fighters to be stars.
                Take Tim Bradley for example. He's not even a draw and TR pays him very handsomely. He made over $10mil for both Pac fights while Maidana made just $3mil in 2 fights vs Floyd.

Comment

Several months ago Arum said that Haymon was paying for Mikey's lawyers. Just another fighter than Haymon is trying to steal.

Comment

RIP Mikey Garcia's career.

its like he died

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
                      Can't argue with that. Great points mate. How many more fights did he have left do you know?
                      Honestly I remember a while back he signed an extention with top rank but then he said something about top rank hiding some financial info from the so I don't haVe a clue

Comment

Working...
                      X