Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you think Mosley was going to beat Margarito?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
    He was getting beat by Mayorga before KO'ing him in the 12th. Not even a little bit. That's why you have to settle it in the ring though. Fantasy matchups don't mean much.
    It was an even fight. I think with the knockdown Mosley would have won it on the cards if he wouldn't have gotten the KO.

Comment

I didn't think he would win. I thought he was completely shot. I didn't think he had that left in the tank.

Comment

Mosley took advantage of a weight drained Marg that had other issues on his mind.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
          Mosley took advantage of a weight drained Marg that had other issues on his mind.
          Give credit to where credit is due. Mosley came in with his "A" game and did what he was supposed to do. Margarito got caught cheating and was disarmed and thus paid the price considerably.

Comment

Margarito was already a beaten man before he stepped in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post
              Give credit to where credit is due. Mosley came in with his "A" game and did what he was supposed to do. Margarito got caught cheating and was disarmed and thus paid the price considerably.
              Marg wasn't even landing his punches, was throwing a lot, was slow and sluggish.

Yes Mosley had a good game plan, but that fight flattered Mosley

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
                Margarito was already a beaten man before he stepped in the ring.
                Yes, not having weapons would do that.

Comment

I thought it would be a tough fight. Mosley got a solid chin and was coming of a win that really showed his power against Mayorga.

But Marg was looking imperious again.

Thought Marg would win on points, Mosley slowing down in the latter rounds.

But going into the fight, Marg had problems cutting weight, and had to cut a lot late on.

Then on fight night he had the whole handwarp thing.

Mosley just landed bomb after bomb on Marg for 9 rounds. Marg definitely seemed off his game, weight drained seemed slow and sluggish.

Great fight.
                  Mosley showed his power in the very last round when he knocked out Mayorga but for most of the fight Mosley looked shot and over the hill struggling with Mayorga big time. Nice finish but that fight didn't make Mosley look good at all. Mosley didn't show anyting in the Mayorga fight that would suggest he could beat Margarito.

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
                    Mosley showed his power in the very last round when he knocked out Mayorga but for most of the fight Mosley looked shot and over the hill struggling with Mayorga big time. Nice finish but that fight didn't make Mosley look good at all. Mosley didn't show anyting in the Mayorga fight that would suggest he could beat Margarito.
                    He wasn't losing the fight, yet another myth.

And what power, did Mosley show, though Mayorga was just a sitting duck when he got back up.

But like I said it was not so much Mosley being excellent against Marg that night it was Marg having a terrible night because of mainly being weight drained and secondly then hand wrap scandal

Comment

He wasn't losing the fight, yet another myth.

And what power, did Mosley show, though Mayorga was just a sitting duck when he got back up.

But like I said it was not so much Mosley being excellent against Marg that night it was Marg having a terrible night because of mainly being weight drained and secondly then hand wrap scandal
                      The fight was very close but the fact is he was struggling big time with Mayorga. It was not the type of performance where you would think Mosley could beat Margarito. I disagree Mosley was definitely excellent. Whether Margo was weight drained or not I don't know but it doesn't matter because the thread is about did anyone think Mosley could beat Margarito and I believe 90% said no....so it was a big victory for Mosley.

Comment

Working...
                      X