Rios vs maidana @ 147 who wins and why

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rios vs maidana @ 147 who wins and why

I got chino

Better jab, hits harder, awkwardly clever and can time shots plus very strong and unorthodox

It would be a war

Neither guy has a quit bone in their body

Maidana prevails in close violent battle

they got sparring footage on youtube, maidana was puttin the beats on him like Dr. Dre

Comment

They both have the same trainer

Comment

rios was smashing on maidana in the sparring footage that came out.

Comment

Maidana is the better puncher but Rios is a master on the inside, and probably fights maidana's fight better than Maidana. It's a tough call.

Gun to my head, I pick Rios. Maidana's extra power and punching ability will be smothered when Rios is manhandling him on the inside.
          Last edited by KEY LOW; 02-25-2015, 02:04 AM.

Comment

They are friends who have the same trainer and train at the same gym so it is very unlikely they would ever fight. If they did fight I am sure Maidana would win although it would be a hard fight for him. Maidana is just a bit better at everything. He is faster and hits harder with a larger variety of punches coming from more angles. His defense is a little better. Both fighters are tough as hell with a ton of heart so it would be a war.

Comment

Originally posted by LOWBLOW_CHAMP View Post
              they got sparring footage on youtube, maidana was puttin the beats on him like Dr. Dre
              Originally posted by Gabagool View Post
              rios was smashing on maidana in the sparring footage that came out.
              Well, this is awkward.

Comment

Rios has the edge at very close range exchanges. He is a master at that. Maidana needs to keep just a little distance between them to do his best work.

Comment

Rios would be too brave and dumb for his own good; the bigger stronger warrior Maidana would knock him out.
                  Last edited by punchr; 05-19-2015, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Maidana beats him easily, Maidana's boxing skills are WAY better than Rios' also Maidana is a big strong Welterweight, Rios has never looked impressive at welterweight except against Alvarado who's a C level fighter that didn't come to fight. Maidana can Jab, move his head, get inside low under your punches, mix it up up and down, feint upstairs and down stairs and throw punches from different angles, and if he uses his strength on the inside Rios won't be able to handle it cuz he's not physically strong enough.

If Rios could go to the body and fight a smart fight which is virtually impossible for him cuz he doesn't have the skills, but if he does manage to take Maidana to deep waters while hammering on Maidana's body he has a good chance cuz he has good stamina and will and Maidana doesn't take it well to the body, Maidana has also been known for having a ****ty stamina, but Rios isn't known for his body attack either, so I'd bet a 1000 on Maidana without any worries!

Comment

Working...
                    X