No announcement yet.

Sergio Mora hinting at being Cotto's dance partner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
    Turned it down way before Golovkin ever made an HBO appearance. Lets not pretend that didn't matter.
    if one guy calls out another guy then gets offered a fight and turns it down he's a b-itch and a ducker. mora saying he would have fought golovkin for less when golovkin is already fighting someone else(someone more deserving) is another bi-tch move.

mora had his chance at the fight when both he and golovkin weren't relevant and he turned it down. now ggg is relevant and mora is still irrelevant so why would they fight? even a guy like willie monroe or heiland is more deserving of the fight. mora sat around whining while a bunch of other people passed him in line and the saddest part is he had his chance but refused to fight. it was as he put it "too much of a risk"

Comment

Not a terrible choice if true. says the TS

boy done bumped his fu.ckin head or smoked some really BAD sh.it

thats a horrible fight

Comment

mora saying he would have fought golovkin for less when golovkin is already fighting someone else(someone more deserving) is another bi-tch move.
        The $299 quote was in context of Stevens originally turning down the fight. Golovkin was not already fighting someone else. It was assumed Stevens wasn't going to take the fight and Mora wanted to step in. Mora has consistently been calling for the fight even when Golovkin has had no opponent.

even a guy like willie monroe or heiland is more deserving of the fight.
        According to you, Golovkin beating Proksa made him the undisputed #1 contender for Martinez. But Mora doing the same doesn't even make him deserving to fight Golovkin himself? Not to mention Mora the beat the guy that beat Stevens. Yet according to you, he was way more deserving than Mora?
        Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 02-24-2015, 01:09 AM.

Comment

The $299 quote was in context of Stevens originally turning down the fight. Golovkin was not already fighting someone else. It was assumed Stevens wasn't going to take the fight and Mora wanted to step in. Mora has consistently been calling for the fight even when Golovkin has had no opponent.
          he can call for the fight all he wants but when ggg called him he hung up. "too risky" he has no credibility. says one thing does the oppposite. even if he did want the fight, ggg's fighting better opponents then mora so what's he supposed to do lower his standards to accommodate this guy? the only realistic times he could have fought mora were instead of the ishida and adama fights but those opponents fought for short money something that mora already said he wouldn't do. its very puzzling how some people treat mora as if he's some top middleweight that needs to be fought. he's not even close to a top 10 fighter. he had his chance to fight ggg as one of gggs tune ups but he refused.

Comment

Nick walters would put up a better fight.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
              he can call for the fight all he wants but when ggg called him he hung up. "too risky" he has no credibility. says one thing does the oppposite.
              Nothing inconsistent or opposite. Pre-HBO, Golovkin was "Too much risk, no reward" as Mora said. After Golovkin got on HBO (when Mora started calling him out) and became a world champion, the reward was there.

Comment

According to you, Golovkin beating Proksa made him the undisputed #1 contender for Martinez. But Mora doing the same doesn't even make him deserving to fight Golovkin himself? Not to mention Mora the beat the guy that beat Stevens. Yet according to you, he was way more deserving than Mora?
                i was wrong on my time line it happens but i wasn't wrong on my substance. ggg was ranked #3 not #1. murray was ranked #8 and martinez fought him instead. my point still stands, you are trying to deflect and get me on a technicality. won't work. try addressing the substance of what i said.

also when golovkin beat proksa, proksa was in the top 10. he wasn't in the top 10 when mora beat him. see the difference? stevens was more deserving than mora. stevens was coming off a good win over tureano johnson, was in the top 10, and was obviously a better choice for hbo. mora was coming off a good win over proska, wasn't in the top 10, and obviously hbo doesn't want him.

please tell me which ggg opponent on hbo was worse than mora? stevens isn't very good and he was still clearly more deserving. rosado was a top 10 jmw while mora was coming off a loss to vera so even that choice was probably better. macklin, geale, murray, and rubio were all top 10 so they were clearly better. like i said the only time ggg could have fought mora was as a monaco tune up but mora turned it down because he didn't want to take the risk.

why are you pretending that mora is good? i really don't get it. trying to get me with triangle technicalities well mora beat brinkley in 2004 who beat stevens in 2010 therefore in 2013 ggg should have fought mora? that's a stretch.....
                ok here's my triangle...monroe beat vera who beat mora twice and monroe also won the espn boxcino tournament while mora got a dubious decision over han on espn. heiland just ko'd macklin while mora got a dubious decision over han on espn. those guys are clearly more worthwhile. why can't you see it? this doesn't mean that ggg vs those guys are good fights it just means they are better than a fight with mora.

Comment

Nothing inconsistent or opposite. Pre-HBO, Golovkin was "Too much risk, no reward" as Mora said. After Golovkin got on HBO (when Mora started calling him out) and became a world champion, the reward was there.
                  the reward was there but mora's status wasn't. mora's status was gatekeeper. when ggg tried to fight him he refused. when ggg got to hbo he fought guys who were better and more qualified than mora as i've already showed you. all top 10 guys except rosado who was top 10 jmw and mora had recently lost to vera so he wasn't even in the picture. mora could have fought ggg as one of ggg's tune ups but like mora said "not enough money" trying to say ggg avoided mora makes no sense. its like saying pac avoided senchenko to fight bradley or something. if only senchenko had been calling for the fight! so whoever calls for a fight deserves it?

mora called for the fight, was offered the fight, turned down the fight. yeah there wasn't enough money for you because you are sergio mora! an unwatchable fighter who's not even ranked in the top 10. reality alert! ggg gave him a chance but he pretended that he was winky wright. also i'm sure ggg would fight mora if mora somehow got a belt so instead of whining he should start fighting beating guys and not by dubious decision over unknown guys.
                  Last edited by daggum; 02-24-2015, 01:44 AM.

Comment

i was wrong on my time line it happens but i wasn't wrong on my substance. ggg was ranked #3 not #1. murray was ranked #8 and martinez fought him instead. my point still stands, you are trying to deflect and get me on a technicality. won't work. try addressing the substance of what i said.
                    The substance is that there was no immediate mandate for Martinez to fight Golovkin. He had one HBO appearance, not multiple like you said. Murray had a draw with the #1 middleweight contender at the time while Golovkin had a win over a guy who had just gotten beat by Kerry Hope. Quit acting like there was some vast gap in being deserving between the two. It was a bum ass division at the time without anyone having any stand out accolades compared to each other. Crippled Martinez was coming off knee surgery and it was pretty obvious the fight was what it was, a tuneup against a perceived safe, but solid top 10 fighter. Why are you so mad we didn't get to see Golovkin against a cripple?

also when golovkin beat proksa, proksa was in the top 10. he wasn't in the top 10 when mora beat him. see the difference?
                    No, I don't see the difference. Proksa was absolutely lucky he was kept at the top 10 after the Kerry Hope loss. What Golovkin did is indistinguishable from what Mora did. It was just two guys beating the same guy in a bum ass division division where the top #5-15 were interchangeable for all intent and purposes.

stevens was more deserving than mora. stevens was coming off a good win over tureano johnson, was in the top 10, and was obviously a better choice for hbo. mora was coming off a good win over proska, wasn't in the top 10, and obviously hbo doesn't want him.
                    Stevens's win over Tureano Johnson was after Golovkin. He was coming off a win over bum ass Saul Roman. And Stevens was not top 10 when he signed to fight Golokin. I remember he magically became top 10 in ring like a week before the Golovkin fight for no fucking reason. He only had 3 fights at middleweight against bums. Stevens did absolutely nothing to deserve a shot or to be called a top 10 contender.

stevens isn't very good and he was still clearly more deserving.
                    Cleary he was not more deserving than a former champion that held a win over the same guy Golovkin had recently beat. A guy who made you think Martinez not fighting Golovkin right away was one of the greatest ducks in boxing history.

rosado was a top 10 jmw
                    No, he wasn't. Rosado has never been ranked in any division

why are you pretending that mora is good?
                    I'm not acting like he's that good. I'm only arguing Mora by the most part isn't less deserving than the fringe fighters Golovkin has fought and will fight, which it's why it's so puzzling you're acting as if Mora wanting to fight Golovkin is somehow an insult to the gods themselves.
                    Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 02-24-2015, 03:38 AM.

Comment

He is a middleweight with a decent chance to beat Cotto but he is a running, clinching fighter who is god awful to watch. He would make Cotto the least amount of money and Cotto is all about low risk fights that make good money. I doubt this fight happens.

Comment

Working...
                      X