Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bob Arum: Brandon Rios, Timothy Bradley and K-9 Bundrage The 3 Names We Gave Cotto"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
    You changed your tune not me. It has nothing to do with Cotto being champ, it's being real. I had no problems with Cotto getting the shot at Martinez because his "ranking" was his drawing power. I openly admit that is the case with Canelo and getting a shot at the title. I think he would deserve it because of his drawing power, it's good for boxing.
    WTF? see now you understand why Bradley vs Cotto for the 160lb title isn't the same as Canelo vs Cotto right? Are you bipolar?

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
    That being said, saying Canelo earns the MW title because of his boxing credentials is ****ing ridiculous, he has done ****. Bradley has accomplished more even at a lower weight, which was my argument. Anyway, if you read other comments of mine you'd see that I said we shouldn't even be arguing because we don't know what is going on. Mora might be getting a shot at Cotto, so all this might be for nothing. I think I'm done on this topic until he has an opponent.
    Dude I don't care about your previous comments otherwise I would've replied to those. No one is saying Canelo deserves the shot based on credentials. You're the one saying ludicrous **** like "the only difference between canelo and bradley getting a shot is the skin color" lmao read it back and reflect on that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joey_Torreo View Post
      What the hell, I was gonna post the same thing, in the same format
      I got the thread early on m8. Get gud

Comment

• Originally posted by -Johannes- View Post
        WTF? see now you understand why Bradley vs Cotto for the 160lb title isn't the same as Canelo vs Cotto right? Are you bipolar?

Dude I don't care about your previous comments otherwise I would've replied to those. No one is saying Canelo deserves the shot based on credentials. You're the one saying ludicrous **** like "the only difference between canelo and bradley getting a shot is the skin color" lmao read it back and reflect on that.
        Let me try this again, based off of resume, skill and previous work Bradley and Canelo don't deserve a shot at the MW title, because they've never even faced a middleweight. If you don't see that, I can't help you.

Cotto never deserved a shot at the MW title, he really didn't, but because of his drawing power he got a shot it. No one was talking about integrity or Martinez vs mini-me, the fight on paper and in betting lines was a mismatch and not in favor of Cotto. It would be the same odds as Cotto vs Bradley, the only difference is that people thought Martinez would win so they were cool with that mismatch.

However, boxing isn't based simply off of resume anymore, your drawing power can make up for lack of resume in a given division. This was the case for Cotto vs Martinez and really, should be the case for Cotto vs Canelo. My issue is bringing up integrity or size as some reason to validate one or the other. Neither of them did **** at MW and neither one "deserved" a shot at the title that way.

Now, I've probably gone in depth and as clear as I can make that for you. I wanted Cotto/Canelo and it's not happening. Cotto/Bradley might also not be happening so I'm done with this topic until Cotto has an opponent. Canelo shouldn't have signed to fight someone else, he could have been facing Cotto and all this typing over the past few weeks would have allowed me to get things done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
          Let me try this again, based off of resume, skill and previous work Bradley and Canelo don't deserve a shot at the MW title, because they've never even faced a middleweight. If you don't see that, I can't help you.

Cotto never deserved a shot at the MW title, he really didn't, but because of his drawing power he got a shot it. No one was talking about integrity or Martinez vs mini-me, the fight on paper and in betting lines was a mismatch and not in favor of Cotto. It would be the same odds as Cotto vs Bradley, the only difference is that people thought Martinez would win so they were cool with that mismatch.

However, boxing isn't based simply off of resume anymore, your drawing power can make up for lack of resume in a given division. This was the case for Cotto vs Martinez and really, should be the case for Cotto vs Canelo. My issue is bringing up integrity or size as some reason to validate one or the other. Neither of them did **** at MW and neither one "deserved" a shot at the title that way.

Now, I've probably gone in depth and as clear as I can make that for you. I wanted Cotto/Canelo and it's not happening. Cotto/Bradley might also not be happening so I'm done with this topic until Cotto has an opponent. Canelo shouldn't have signed to fight someone else, he could have been facing Cotto and all this typing over the past few weeks would have allowed me to get things done.
          You got some case of persecution complex.

Anyway I get all of this, but you still don't get that my only problem was the fact that you said that both potential matches were the same. When it isn't even close.

Comment

• Originally posted by icha View Post
            there is no optional Dunn, WBC already said it was only an exception for canelo , now i agree about K9 if cotto manages to get that fight sanctioned he will end up being a 2 division champion, still a çrapy fight but not much left available other than ggg... now regardless canelo waiting, the problem was that they found out cotto was waiting for floyd not canelo, that killed the fight and pissed oscar and canelo... just remeber oscar words "cotto had other plans", "the fight can still happen in the future but it will have to be under canelos terms", you can see they are pissed...
            I'm sure Cotto was waiting for the call from mayweather, but I wonder if he was worried about his trainer being busy with pac/may and leaving him F'd for the Canelo fight?

Comment

• no way cotto fans can defend this. completely laughable.

cotto is holding the belt hostage

Comment

• What a joke. The only thing I can think of is that they want a tune up fight to hold on to the belt for Mayweather.

Comment

• he could fight someone like gabe rosado, and i would have more respect for him

Comment

• Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
                    Lol last time I checked canelo fights in the mw division, 155 is within middleweight. It's not the same as Bradley. Nice try though.
                    What middlweight has canelo fought? Are you saying he's a mw fighting jmws and welters?

Comment

• Originally posted by -Johannes- View Post
                      The previous being a more credible fight at 160 and a fight people have been asking for.

Bradley has a better resume at 140 and 147 but it's meaningless at 160. Try harder.
                      So canelo has a resume that means something at mw then?

Comment

Working...
                      X