No announcement yet.

Golovkin vs Cotto is a HUGE mismatch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golovkin vs Cotto is a HUGE mismatch

It wouldn't even be the slightest bit competitive, it would be a farce really. GGG mows through the best MWs with ease how do you think he's going to do against an over-the-hill JMW?

I think the best tests for GGG at MW would actually come from the JMW division particularly Andrade and Lara a couple guys who could use their movement and reach to stay away from GGG (as long as they dont fight in a pathetically small ring like yesterday).

GGG should absolutely consider moving up, not just for a potential Ward fight, but just so we can see him in a competitive fight because he's not getting one at MW.

Cotto needs to pull a Riddick Bowe and dump the belt.

Comment

cotto is a bum. GGG will kill him. Hope the fights gets sanctioned, I think people will actually protest this fight and write their senate to stop it from happening.

Comment

Cotto is a natural 147lb fighting at 154.

Golovkin is a natural 168lb fighting at 160.

Yes, it's a mismatch.

Comment

I agree it's a mismatch -- we all do -- but GGG wants that lineal "regular" (as he called it last night) title. Cotto -- if HE agrees with us -- can step the F down and hand over his belt.

But Cotto will drag his feet and be a diva.

And he won't fight GGG. I'm not a Cotto fan. But even I don't want to see that kind of violence happen to a family man.

GGG wants to win all of the hardware at MW before moving up. Cotto is in his way.

Comment

Yes it probably is. But GGG deserves a fight for the real title

Comment

Let Cotto vacate then. I like Cotto but we all know who is the man at 160.

Comment

I love Cotto but I don't think he's going to fight GGG. I think he's going to await the outcome of the Canelo /Kirkland fight and than go from there. Worse case scenario, he'll probably look for an Andy Lee fight than vacate.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post
                  Cotto is a natural 147lb fighting at 154.

Golovkin is a natural 168lb fighting at 160.

Yes, it's a mismatch.
                  Golovkin is a more natural 160. He's on the short side -- and I believe he walks around fairly close to 160. Maybe 165 or so. I don't think he gains much weight between fights. He fights more often than most guys.

These days most super middleweights walk around at much higher weights.

Comment

Cottos got a belt at 160 therefore hes fair game to everyone in the division.

Comment

Working...
                    X