No announcement yet.

GGG and drug testing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mathed View Post
    Yeah, if he was just out boxing the crap out of other guys, I wouldn't think anything fishy was up with him. But.......this dude is straight up beating guys to a pulp with a few punches. The first time he landed on Murray cleanly, Murray gets a black eye. Now I know that's not a strange phenomena to get a black eye when punched but whenever he lands on someone regardless of whether they are blocking or not, they get damaged up pretty badly.

Then when you consider his whole image is as a destroyer and how HBO building him as this KO monster and the fact that he apparently doesn't get tested before fights, it lends itself to the idea that maybe no one really wants him to be tested. It might not be so good for business if you know what I mean.

HBO kept talking about how the fight should be stopped for the fighter's safety and how irresponsible Murray's corner was to keep sending him back out there, which may be true to an extent. But if health is that important and this guy is a KO generating machine, you would think that drug testing would be a priority for the sake of the participants' safety right? KO's sell and it's all about money in the end so I would not be surprised if some shady stuff was going on.
    Damn Mathed, what about Golovkin inspires this hate from you?

Comment

I don't think he is. Dude is just very skilled and very powerful. I'd have to see what he looked like at 22/23 to guage if what he is doing now at 32 is much different.

Wait until an opponent asks him to take tests. If he refuses to test or makes some ridiculous excuse. then I think that's a good indicator he may be dirty.

Comment

Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
        Discussion is not about Ali, Holyfield, Hagler, etc. It's about whether or not GGG underwent random drug testing as a professional. And the answer is NO.
        I am unaware of GGG taking any advanced form of anti-doping testing.

But vast majority of boxers are not apart of a high standard anti-doping program.

The only one that I know is Nonito Donaire.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          I don't think he is. Dude is just very skilled and very powerful. I'd have to see what he looked like at 22/23 to guage if what he is doing now at 32 is much different.

Wait until an opponent asks him to take tests. If he refuses to test or makes some ridiculous excuse. then I think that's a good indicator he may be dirty.
          Like someone who refused to do VADA testing

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            Damn Mathed, what about Golovkin inspires this hate from you?
            I wouldn't call it hate. He's been getting KO's or TKO's consistently since 2008. What did you expect?

Comment

Immense power is supposed to be a gift, something few fighters truly carry. In this day and age, when that fighter actually comes along, he is doping.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
                I am unaware of GGG taking any advanced form of anti-doping testing.

But vast majority of boxers are not apart of a high standard anti-doping program.

The only one that I know is Nonito Donaire.
                While most boxers aren't doing it, it's still not the point of discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
                  While most boxers aren't doing it, it's still not the point of discussion.
                  It is.

Since the suggestion is why isn't GGG doing it.

The answer is it is not done in boxing.

Only Donaire has done it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
                    Im not saying I think GGG is using PED i wouldnt be surprised but i think hes just perfectly built. But i was just curious if anyone knew if he has ever done random testing leading up to a fight. I could be wrong but i dont think he has.
                    Why don't AAs point fingers with PEDs at black boxers when they are doing good/great things?

Comment

Well, he isn't knocking out a bunch of Jake Lamottas, that's for sure. I think it's the level of opposition to be honest. Hurt Chavez Jr. and then we'll talk.

Comment

Working...
                      X