No announcement yet.

Official Floyd Mayweather- Manny Pacquiao Postfight aftermath discussion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TOBYLEE1 View Post
    For all those ppl who said that Floyd was not going to sign.

Some how they will flip it

Who else would he fight that the fans would buy his pay per view
    if we walked away from a deal?

There was no where else to go. Without his legacy beeing shattered.

Im not going to say he was forced but, i think he realised deep down its now or never

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRoger View Post
      I will believe it when both of them are in the ring, and the bell sounds.

Also, everyone is pointing to the JMM loss as proof that Paquiao is not as good as mayweather. Well he did also beat him three times and draw him once. I also believe in that loss he was winning handily before getting caught with a sunday punch. Boxing fans need to stop assuming someone is a bum because they lost. Pac and JMM are both good fighters, if they fight several times the same result is not going to happen each time. I think Pac has been dodged for this long because he is quick enough to hit may, and hits hard enough to hurt him. Either pac catches him and wins by ko, or may puts on his runners and wins a decision to a chorus of boos fromt he crowd. Only two outcomes I see.
      They fought 4 times, 1 draw, Manny by decision twice, and finally JMM by KO. Don't forget JMM knocked Pac down twice in the last fight, and Manny's knockdown was because JMM's glove touched the floor, not his back and his chest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikel 45 View Post
        Who else would he fight that the fans would buy his pay per view
        if we walked away from a deal?

There was no where else to go. Without his legacy beeing shattered.

Im not going to say he was forced but, i think he realised deep down its now or never
        He could always have found a way not to take it. He has been saying that he wanted it but somehow ppl just wanted to speak their agenda.

Fighters fight and I never thought that either fighter is afraid of each other

Comment

• Originally posted by MBE View Post
          May monster will confirm his TBE status
          Thats cool If Floyd dominates Pacquiao.

But i doubt it!

War Pacquiao!

Comment

• Now that the fight has been done I hope Floyd doesn't run in the fight like he did in the second Maidana fight.

If he's gonna beat Manny, fight him like in the Judah, Guerrero or Ortiz fights (minus the sucker punch) where he atleast stand and walk the opponent down.

Thinking about it Floyd might actually sucker punch Manny cos Manny often like to touch glove with his opponent while Floyd is know to punch his opponent when they are not focused.

Comment

• Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
              the only downside to this fight is there is no possible way it lives up to the expectations (just like Mayweather vs Oscar was a letdown). They don't have the styles of Hagler-Hearns and a KO doesn't seem likely. But you never know, anything can happen. I'm just happy it's finally going to happen and the 5 year debate can be put to rest (unless there is draw lmao).
              Yeah the sport itself needed this to happen.

Build-up will be crazy.

Comment

• Manny was outboxed by Marquez and Morales. Floyd will give up 2 early rounds adjusting to Manny s rhythm, then it will be a clinic. Maybe Manny will win the 12th because Floyd will play it safe.

117-111[/QUOTE]

This is exactly how i see it playing out also. People underestimate Floyds ability to adjust.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cobra_ View Post
                  Has it been confirmed it'll be a unification fight?
                  No, because no one cares about the titles.

Comment

• I just picture Bob Arum sitting in a dark room somewhere crying because they made the fight despite his best attempts to kill it.

Comment

• AH! Rumble Young Man Rumble AH!

Comment

Working...
                      X