No announcement yet.

Official Floyd Mayweather- Manny Pacquiao Postfight aftermath discussion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LHK View Post
    He landed 81 punches over the entire fight. He threw less then Floyd. I'd say he was outclassed.
    if you believe punchstat numbers...and if you are not careful about what lands and what doesn't land...did either of these guys look like they had been beat up?

Comment

• I just watched the fight a second time...Floyd did what he had too. Manny didn't. That is basically how it is best summed up.

The man that won is the one that did what he had too, and what he was 'supposed' to do.
      The man that lost was the opposite. Aside from a few short moments manny did not/could not do what he was 'supposed' too, on the contrary.

Floyd deserves his props, as time goes by he will receive them too.

Comment

• So this is the culmination of this fight which was years in the making.

All of Floyd's fanboys having their day in the sun.

Floyd is a superb fighter, no one says otherwise.

But you guys are a bunch of annoying **** riders.

You aren't boxing fans. You are quasi *******ual groupies.

Comment

• Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
          if you believe punchstat numbers...and if you are not careful about what lands and what doesn't land...did either of these guys look like they had been beat up?
          Considering what I saw, I believe the punch stats to be fairly accurate.

Did either looked beat up? No. But Manny looks super frustrated and meek as the fight went on. I can't remember what round it was, but it was late. Manny was trying to hit Floyd right before the bell and couldn't. He just looked at his corner and shook his head. He knew he lost, and bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Virgil Caine View Post
            So this is the culmination of this fight which was years in the making.

All of Floyd's fanboys having their day in the sun.

Floyd is a superb fighter, no one says otherwise.

But you guys are a bunch of annoying **** riders.

You aren't boxing fans. You are quasi *******ual groupies.
            why does it upset you to see people enjoying boxing?

Comment

• Originally posted by RAV3N View Post
              I didnt even see one of them right hands rock pac, he needed to throw caution to the wind and let his hands go.

He kept on running into them right hands of JMM until he was ktfo.

I guess im disappointed, Floyd pretty much fought the way I expected him to but I expected a lot more from Pac, especially in a fight of this magnitude.
              You don't need to rock someone to catch their attentions.

Regarding Marquez, I find it funny that people could pick up on the differences between his and Mayweather's counter punching when it came to arguing why Mayweather's counter punching wouldn't be a problem for Pacquiao. When it comes to the reverse, people have no insight.

Well I have some insight for you. As has been said in the past, Mayweather and Marquez counter differently. Marquez counters within trades and combos up on them; Mayweather is more about setting up the opportunities or pulling off single shot counters. Marquez's counters provide the opportunity to trade and Mayweather's counters do not. The latter can be more demoralising as there is no gain: they move in, miss and get popped in the face.

Comment

• Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
                pacquiao only wants to throw punches at mid range and mayweather took that away from him. it's simple and you should have seen it coming a mile off
                I know what may was doing but pac did manage to get off, even got may to shell up a couple of times when he let his hands go, pac needed to try and do that all night but he didnt.

Im not trying to take away from may's performance, he did great.

I just thought that pac could of done a lot more imo.

Comment

• Mayweather pruned this site.

Comment

• Not that good of a fight. It was like round 9 and I was still waiting for the actual fight to start lol. Floyd didn't sit down on any punches and Pacquiao was completely outclassed. I'm sure a lot of casuals were left dumbfounded regarding the 6 year wait for this fight.

I know I'm in the minority (and that it won't happen) but I wouldn't mind a rematch. Expectations would be low, it wouldn't be all about the box office numbers anymore, and since they've felt each other out, maybe they could give us a good fight next time.

Comment

• Disappointed with the fight,, wasn't worth all the hype.

Comment

Working...
                      X