Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Floyd Mayweather- Manny Pacquiao Postfight aftermath discussion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 years waiting for this fight. Didn't really care who won, just wanted to see a good fight. Was rooting for underdog. Now it's over, very anticlimactic ending. Boxing had an opportunity to bring fans back to the sport, it failed. Obviously, easy pick was Mayweather. Personally, expected him to rise to the occasion and give the people an exciting fight, to leave people wanting to see more boxing. Instead, he got the win, but left many casuals disappointed.

I bought into the idea of Mayweather coming for the KO, wanting to give the fans their money's worth. Just very depressing right now. Too much hype for this fight, and did not deliver. It just seems like the effort was spent on how to make the most money from the people. The real losers tonight are the fans.

Comment

• If anyone wants to watch live the post press conference it just started...

http://www.toprank.tv/index.jsp

Comment

• 1 - Floyd has mastered the ART OF FIGHTING WITHOUT FIGHTING. Floyd was using feints and fake jabs to throw Manny off his rhythm all night long. I'm kinda angry with Floyd because he laid back too much, the shots were there because Manny kept doing the same thing over and over. Floyd kept Manny at distance and dictated the fight. I think at most Floyd used four types of punches all night long.

2 - Manny did not possess a means to beat Floyd. All that talk by Roach and when the time came, Manny was dumbfounded and at times confused about what to do. This is Roach's fault, not Manny's because he should have been trained to handle both a fast pace and a slow pace.

3 - Manny did exactly what no opponent should ever do with Floyd, and that is to let him dictate the pace and the distance of the fight. What happened with all the studying that Roach was talking about and how he knew how to beat Floyd.

Floyd as usual, did exactly what was necessary to win the fight, nothing more nothing less. Manny did all he could do with the horrible training and preparation he received from Roach. The trainers role is to put their fighter in a position to win the fight and Manny was woefully under prepared for that task. Something that is inexcusable at the elite level.

Comment

• Pac watched and saw he got schooled, now he's just up there saving face. Finally Roach saying lets line my pockets with that September rematch.

Comment

• hahahah freddy roach had nothing to say at the press conference.

Comment

• boring fight

the right man won

Comment

• Floyd dropped Pacquiao's punch output to 400. Crazy. I think that there are a lot of people who are disappointed this fight didn't live up to their expectations, but I think it played out how many people who favored Floyd thought it would. He nullified Pacquiao's offense and caught him with the right lead coming in.

I predicted something around 8-4 and I know two judges scored it that way, but I had it 9-3 with Pacquiao only taking rounds 4,6, and I think 8 or 9.

Manny still is one of the best at 147, just got beat by the better guy. That's all. I'd like to see him get a W or two then hang'em up. Maybe fight Brook for his belt so that he can retire a champion.

Comment

• I wonder if Floyd runs and dances like he did tonight when he's fighting women.

Comment

• Now at press conference Manny has same injury donaire had when rigo destroyed him. Pathetic.

Comment

• Originally posted by darius45 View Post
                      Manny should pack it up... he's had a good run... It's a shame he's still bound to that crook Arum... He's heart is CLEARLY not in it anymore... He's a legend no doubt... But he didn't take risks in the fight of the century... Either something fishy was going on... or he just doesn't care as much anymore... the Killer Instinct is obviously gone...

Oh and what's with Freddie Roach not pressing Pac in the later rounds when he was obviously down on rounds
                      No. He was just in with a completely different caliber of fighter... Period.. They weren't even in the same class.

Comment

Working...
                      X