No announcement yet.

Official Floyd Mayweather- Manny Pacquiao Postfight aftermath discussion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
    6 days. You can almost taste it man. I've gone back and forth, pissed off and got pissed off by a lot of you fellas. But we are all brother's in boxing. Best to all of you guys
    May the better fighter win. I just want to see a good fight.

Comment

• mayweather 8-4 in a boring fight. You heard it here first.

Comment

• Originally posted by arraamis View Post
        Roach was more objective than I've seen during the build-up to May 2nd..
        X-factor and heart are kind of BS category's ... How do you really judge someone's heart? Manny would appear to have the bigger heart because of the wars his been in but his style dictates that he has to get into those blood and gut scenarios from time to time to pull out the win... In Mayweathers case his style dictates the opposite type of fight. It's just hard to say one guy has the edge in the heart over the other.... X factor ? Forget about it.

If you look at all the other categories with the exception of power and footwork that Freddie picked for Floyd they were things you can actually see, in the ring, with your own eyes... The experience is debatable but if Freddy himself is saying Floyd is the more seasoned guy than I tend to take his word for it but if someone wanted to argue against it I'd be ok with that too.

It was a dope little experiment I just wished they'd tightened it up a bit... You could leave heart in there but X factor has to go...

Comment

• Originally posted by brickcityboxing View Post
          X-factor and heart are kind of BS category's ... How do you really judge someone's heart? Manny would appear to have the bigger heart because of the wars his been in but his style dictates that he has to get into those blood and gut scenarios from time to time to pull out the win... In Mayweathers case his style dictates the opposite type of fight. It's just hard to say one guy has the edge in the heart over the other.... X factor ? Forget about it.

If you look at all the other categories with the exception of power and footwork that Freddie picked for Floyd they were things you can actually see, in the ring, with your own eyes... The experience is debatable but if Freddy himself is saying Floyd is the more seasoned guy than I tend to take his word for it but if someone wanted to argue against it I'd be ok with that too.

It was a dope little experiment I just wished they'd tightened it up a bit... You could leave heart in there but X factor has to go...
          having heart is VERY important in a sport like boxing. without heart everything else falls apart. one of the main reasons why floyd didn't look good in his last two fights is because he is lacking the heart. he even said recently that his heart is no longer in the sport like it used to be. that is a bad sign imo. floyd can't run around and be "health first" like he did against maidana in the second fight and only throw a little over 300 punches if he wants to beat pac.

floyd is going to have to bring a lot of heart in this fight. what happens if floyd's nose and mouth get busted up from pac's speed and power??? will the 38 year old health first no longer has the same love for boxing mayweather fight through the pain like marquez did???? or will he think about leaving the sport healthy??????

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruthless One View Post
            May the better fighter win. I just want to see a good fight.
            Agreed!!!

I want see both Floyd & Manny make a statement in this fight ... No taking it easy if you think you're up on the cards, and no counting on the judges or anyone else outside of the ring, to get the win.

Take the win in the ring .....

Comment

• Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
              having heart is VERY important in a sport like boxing. without heart everything else falls apart. one of the main reasons why floyd didn't look good in his last two fights is because he is lacking the heart. he even said recently that his heart is no longer in the sport like it used to be. that is a bad sign imo. floyd can't run around and be "health first" like he did against maidana in the second fight and only throw a little over 300 punches if he wants to beat pac.

floyd is going to have to bring a lot of heart in this fight. what happens if floyd's nose and mouth get busted up from pac's speed and power??? will the 38 year old health first no longer has the same love for boxing mayweather fight through the pain like marquez did???? or will he think about leaving the sport healthy??????
              Your statements have a ring of truth, mainly because Floyd has rarely been in a situation where he wasn't confident of the win going into the latter rounds. And rarely has Floyd been in a fight where it became an all-out gut-check. Therefore, that is a BIG unknown!!!!

However, I can say that he has demonstrated heart, when the situation dictated it. Still "The level of heart" has yet to be fully tested, because he has out-classed 97%+/- of his opponents.

Whether heart becomes a factor in this fight depends largely on Manny and how well he can cope with Floyd's experience and talent.

Comment

• I want to ask something that isn't fully boxing related, I've seen a few guys on here say Pac has a kid he doesn't acknowledge because he had the kid with another women, is this actually true and where's the source?

I don't particularly pay attention to boxers personal lives and don't want to strike a debate on who's a bad person but I was just wondering if it was actually true or not?

Comment

• Originally posted by Spacey1991 View Post
                  I want to ask something that isn't fully boxing related, I've seen a few guys on here say Pac has a kid he doesn't acknowledge because he had the kid with another women, is this actually true and where's the source?

I don't particularly pay attention to boxers personal lives and don't want to strike a debate on who's a bad person but I was just wondering if it was actually true or not?
                  He does but there's no proof he abandoned him.

Still though they see it as bad as beating your baby mama for over a decade

Comment

I want to ask something that isn't fully boxing related, I've seen a few guys on here say Pac has a kid he doesn't acknowledge because he had the kid with another women, is this actually true and where's the source?

i think it's this bacaso chick
                    http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums/...d.php?t=245928

Comment

Yes it is true. That is why the whole Holier than thou thing is a joke.

Comment

Working...
                      X