Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Floyd Mayweather- Manny Pacquiao Postfight aftermath discussion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm just afraid the fight will get canceled bcoz of this.

Mannn, all this trading jabs between fl*m*s and p*ct*rds are draining my energy.

Comment

• If this doesn't happen, fck em all.

Comment

• "But a source familiar with the negotiations said the allotment of tickets is pretty clear with MGM getting 40 percent of the tickets and the two promoters splitting 25 percent each."
        There's no agreement because both sides fail at math...(40%+25%+25%=90%)

-Master of Elementary School Arithmetic.

Comment

• Hymen milking Floyd to the last drop before it all goes dry.

Comment

• Another day has passed without any word of when – or even if – tickets will go on sale for the Floyd Mayeather-Manny Pacquiao fight that is scheduled for May 2 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

Hall of Famer Oscar De La Hoya, who fought Mayweather in 2007 in the top-selling pay-per-view event of all-time and whose company, Golden Boy Promotions, promoted all of Mayweather's fights between 2007 and 2014, was asked his reaction to the fact tickets haven't been put on sale yet.

He didn't pull any punches. He put the onus on Mayweather adviser Al Haymon and took a none-too-subtle zing at Mayweather Promotions.

"We promoted Mayweather's last 10 fights, I believe," De La Hoya told Yahoo Sports. "The promotions all were great. Everything was smooth. We never came across any problems whatsoever. This is mind-boggling. This is shocking, but at the same time, we understand what is going on. This is the Al factor. This is what you get when you deal with Al."

In making those comments, De La Hoya strongly backed Top Rank CEO Bob Arum, who has repeatedly said Haymon is at the root of the problem. Arum recently told Yahoo Sports he believes the delay is "a ticket play" by Haymon.

De La Hoya, who once was promoted by Arum, had a long-standing feud with him, which was patched up last year. Now, Haymon has become Public Enemy No. 1 with both men.

"I agree 100 percent with what Arum is saying, absolutely," De La Hoya said

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/boxing...180817314.html

Comment

• Originally posted by sugarsmosley View Post
              Fights off, per dan rafael.
              Youre joking but I can see this being announced in a few days.

After all this hype about how much money was going to be generated, and then this.

Boxing is joke. Seriously. The sport is great, but everything surrounding it is stuck is a complete joke.

Comment

• Originally posted by IR0NFIST View Post
                There's no agreement because both sides fail at math...(40%+25%+25%=90%)

-Master of Elementary School Arithmetic.
                Maybe 10% goes to the public?

Comment

• Originally posted by KoolAidMan View Post
                  "This is the Al factor. This is what you get when you deal with Al."
                  I didn't expect De La Hoya to publicly go against Haymon like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by arraamis View Post

It appears, that there's another hand in the cookie jar.
                    or probably you just did not get your mathematics right.

Comment

• Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                      Tbh I could careless if the only people watching are the judges and ellerbe. As long as it still goes on lol
                      Originally posted by KoolAidMan View Post
                      Yeah. They could fight at the Wild Card Gym for all I care. Just make it happen.
                      the Mayweather Gym and make Floyd fight Pacquiao under the same doghouse rules he made those prospects fight under, 31 minute rounds.

Comment

Working...
                      X