Official Floyd Mayweather- Manny Pacquiao Postfight aftermath discussion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
    You might be right.

But have a look at this quote from the article.

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...act-not-signed
    Blame arum

Comment

• Originally posted by Tay Roc View Post
      Then please tell me how I am wrong. I genuinely want to know if I am missing something here. We obviously all are missing something based on the limited information available.
      Bob and team pac are the ones dropping all the madness about tix. They are the ones riling everyone up but in reality its them that are keeping them from being released. Masses are upset and want the tix. Blaming TMT. Bob didnt have that agreement in place before but now with it so close and masses upset he has upperhand. He is going to get what he wants because, like i said, all are blaming TMT. He is about to squeeze and sqeeze hard.

Dont believe me. Just wait its coming soon.

Comment

• Ellerbe is right about one thing. This is typical arum fooling the fans and feeding them whatever he wants. "The governor will get involved"

Comment

• Originally posted by Fetta View Post
          Bob and team pac are the ones dropping all the madness about tix. They are the ones riling everyone up but in reality its them that are keeping them from being released. Masses are upset and want the tix. Blaming TMT. Bob didnt have that agreement in place before but now with it so close and masses upset he has upperhand. He is going to get what he wants because, like i said, all are blaming TMT. He is about to squeeze and sqeeze hard.

Bob won't get what he wants. The State of Nevada might have to get involved in this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fetta View Post

I actually agree with the last sentence. I don't really think either side is to "blame" because they both have fault. First, mayweather allegedly sent the long-form contract on April 15th. Why send it so late in the game, if you've had the term sheet for months? Second, the long-form contract allegedly does not conform with the term sheet. This is poor draftsmenship, or gamesmenship, because the agreement is essentially in place. If the contract doesn't conform with the agreement, then they should send a new contract that conforms to the term sheet.

Bob has no obligation to sign something his client didn't agree to. However, this doesn't seem to be that important of an issue, so it shouldn't stop the fight. He's definitely using it as a way to get what he wanted, but TMT, or their lawyers, have allowed Bob to even be in this situation. At least IMO.

This is really lame. Both sides are at fault.

Comment

• Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
              It's probably just me, but I'm excited to watch Lomachenko on the undercard.
              Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
              Lomachenko is must see tv.
              He's fighting a nobody. Would've been a different story if he was fighting Walters, or even a top 10 opponent. Little desire to watch an exhibition fight.

Originally posted by Infamous View Post
              Not saying he will, but if pac clearly beats may like he beat Bradley in their first fight and gets robbed, what does that do for Floyd's legacy? History only remembers winners? After awhile ppl actually though Bradley bear pac in their first fight... just wondering...
              No they didn't, and they still don't. If whoever gets the decision (Pac or Floyd) doesn't deserve the decision, it's going to be a pretty hollow victory which few will acknowledge as having any credibility.

Comment

• **** Ellerbe and Arum....and **** boxing if this fight doesnt happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                  He's fighting a nobody. Would've been a different story if he was fighting Walters, or even a top 10 opponent. Little desire to watch an exhibition fight.

No they didn't, and they still don't. If whoever gets the decision (Pac or Floyd) doesn't deserve the decision, it's going to be a pretty hollow victory which few will acknowledge as having any credibility.
                  Only ones who are going to do will be those angry pac fans

Comment

• Top Rank wouldn't have control of decisions during the fight, including in-arena production, video content and music
                    Who gives a fk about music???

Dude needs to sign the damn papers.

Comment

• Originally posted by boxingfan91 View Post
                      **** Ellerbe and Arum....and **** boxing if this fight doesnt happen.
                      and **** you.

Comment

Working...
                      X