No announcement yet.

Most Dangerous/Powerful Weight Classes By KO Percentage

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most Dangerous/Powerful Weight Classes By KO Percentage

Criteria: Ring Top 10 Fighters. Weight classes who have a name next to them means that he is the consensus best fighter of the weight division, therefore he was not added to the total. Instead, the weight classes with names to them is seen as how dangerous/safe that weight class is to the consensus best fighter of the respective weight class. Weight classes with "n/a" next to them, means that there is no real best fighter there and all top 10 Fighters were added.

HW 255 W (187 KO's) - 73% - W. Klitschko - Danger zone. Most dangerous weight class to fight in!
    CW 313 W (211 KO's) - 67% - Hernandez
    LHW 287 W (178 KO's) - 62% - Kovalev
    SMW 331 W (221 KO's) - 66% - Ward
    MW 328 W (186 KO's) - 56% - GGG - Second safest weight class to fight in.
    SWW 267 W (156 KO's) - 58% - Mayweather
    WW 345 W (235 KO's) - 68% - Mayweather - Second most dangerous weight class.
    SWW 227 W (139 KO's) - 61% - D. Garcia
    LW 296 W (176 KO's) - 59% - Crawford
    SFW 267 W (172 KO's) - 64% - n/a
    FW 260 W (159 KO's) - 61% - n/a
    SBW 240 W (158 KO's) - 65% - Rigondeaux
    BW 286 W (173 KO's) - 60% - n/a
    SFLW 279 W (181 KO's) - 64% - Inoue
    FLW 281 W (181 KO's) - 64% - Gonzalez
    JFLW 290 W (164 KO's) - 56% - n/a
    Straw 223 W (111 KO's) - 49% - n/a - Safest weight class to fight in.

You missed out JMW.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
      You missed out JMW.
      It's there as Super Welter.

SWW 267 W (156 KO's) - 58% - Mayweather

Comment

Did you pull the data together yourself? That's a bit of work if you did. Is there a point to it?

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
          Did you pull the data together yourself? That's a bit of work if you did. Is there a point to it?
          Did it myself, took me 45 minutes.

You see how there is data for just about everything in a sport like baseball? For example, what is a batter's average in the day time, and what is it in the night time. What is a teams winning % at home, what is it away.

I feel like boxing does not have any reporters, commentators, journalists compiling this information for the fans. Statistical information about every aspect of the sport gives boxing more life. The best they do is talk about compubox and that's not enough IMO.

Comment

it's welterweight imo.

most atg.

most hofers.

big enough to bang.

fast enough to catch you without you seeing.

also active enough. may not be 112/126 pace but doesn't slow in action like 160 and up fights.

Comment

fallacy in argument: ko% =/= dangerous.

Awesome that you collected the stats, surprised stuff like this hasn't been compiled.

Comment

Every time I google a certain stat of boxing, it does not exist. While for every other major sport, they are full of specific stats.

I want to know, which weight class has the fighters that get KO'ed the most right now. No such thing.

Weight class with the fighters with the least KO's? Well now we know as of 2015, it's Strawweight and Middleweight, they are the weakest weight divisions. And Heavyweight and Welterweight are the most dangerous. I's cool stats to me. Maybe others don't find it interesting, but I have always been interested in stats, since back in my baseball card collection days.

Comment

Why would you not include the best fighters numbers? Seems like a stupid stat to say how safe it is for the best fighter. It would be a more interesting stat to simply say what the KO % is of the top ten fighters.
                  Last edited by ИATAS; 02-18-2015, 12:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    Every time I google a certain stat of boxing, it does not exist. While for every other major sport, they are full of specific stats.

I want to know, which weight class has the fighters that get KO'ed the most right now. No such thing.

Weight class with the fighters with the least KO's? Well now we know as of 2015, it's Strawweight and Middleweight, they are the weakest weight divisions. And Heavyweight and Welterweight are the most dangerous. I's cool stats to me. Maybe others don't find it interesting, but I have always been interested in stats, since back in my baseball card collection days.
                    This is so true. You get one of three things: nothing useful, the existing MMA equivalent, or some semi-relevant <20 post thread on here or bleacher report that is a few years old.

Comment

Working...
                    X