No announcement yet.

Why does Canelo fight at 155?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Beercules View Post
    Canelos 2 recent fights were PPV and held in the Canelo division. They did 350k if that, yet this guy acts as if he is a JMW. No dude, you're not. It time to take the move to 160 Canelo.

Show us how "great" you are.

I bet if Canelo were to fight Boo Boo, it wouldn't be for a title because it will be a fight in the Canelo Division
    it don't work like that beercules. fighters go where the money is. Yes, Canelo should go to 160. But if you want the check, you make the weight.

That's why you need to stay in shape like Bhop. so when ODH offers you that fat check for 157 you can make weight and stay strong.

Comment

Why does Gennady need to come down a little to fight another MW?

If you say you're against it, why are you defending it? He doesn't need to fight GGG right away, let him fight some solid guys at 160 then he can get stomped back down to 155.

Let's face it Canelo isn't it a good spot. His future at 160 doesn't look to promising, can't make 154. He's in the same boat as Garcia, which is why both are milking these "CW" fights.
      so only canelo and garcia are on your boat??
      that is my problem with this thread, you seem to ignore 99% of the fighters doing the same...

Comment

Are Pacquiao and Floyd fighting at 150, yet calling themselves WW's?

Canelo is fighting at 155, the future of the sport (as you guys say) can't lose a pound because he is lazy or he opponent "isn't worth it"

Floyd and Pac have moved up how many divisions, now they finally platued at a weight class they can't outgrow, and are in the tail end of their career. "our sports front man" Floyd had a title fight and didn't even make weight against Marquez. Don't you get it, everyone does it. Why are you singling out Canelo?

Every fan here has admitted that he has outgrown the JMW division, that it's disrespectful, that he is being lazy, etc.

Im not even sure what you're asking anymore. Or what you want to hear..

Just say, you despise Canelo, and you will trash him every chance you get and we will all agree on that much and we can enjoy the rest of our day.

Comment

I don't think the JMW titles were on the line when Maidana 2 happened.

Pacquiao met Chris at a fair weight. Pacquiao came down a little, Chris came up.

Let's clear another thing up: Canelo isn't Pacquiao or Mayweather.
          you dont even do a lil of research, you must be tired already, take a break you need it..

Comment

• Originally posted by icha View Post
            they have no problem with 99% of the fighters doing the same, their problem is Canelo..
            I tend to agree. I understand both sides, but being the draw allows you some options.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
              Floyd and Pac have moved up how many divisions, now they finally platued at a weight class they can't outgrow, and are in the tail end of their career. "our sports front man" Floyd had a title fight and didn't even make weight against Marquez. Don't you get it, everyone does it. Why are you singling out Canelo?

Every fan here has admitted that he has outgrown the JMW division, that it's disrespectful, that he is being lazy, etc.

Im not even sure what you're asking anymore. Or what you want to hear..

Just say, you despise Canelo, and you will trash him every chance you get and we will all agree on that much and we can enjoy the rest of our day.

I'm just saying you guys are labeling him as the next face of boxing yet call him lazy and ride with him on how he says he still intends to fight at JMW.

What I want to hear: Canelo can't make JMW and needs to get rid of the Canelo division, when you and Icha say such we can all go back to looking at pictures of David Haye.

Comment

• Originally posted by icha View Post
                so only canelo and garcia are on your boat??
                that is my problem with this thread, you seem to ignore 99% of the fighters doing the same...
                Danny can't make 140. Canelo can't make 154.

Danny doesn't want to move to WW. Canelo doesn't want to move to MW.

See now? I use them as examples because they both are in the exact same position.

Comment

Danny can't make 140. Canelo can't make 154.

Danny doesn't want to move to WW. Canelo doesn't want to move to MW.

See now? I use them as examples because they both are in the exact same position.
                  forget about your boat, you will need the titanic for all the fighters doing catchweights..

Comment

• Floyd and PAC doing catch weights is usually that. A catch weight where both fighters are moving up and the other moving down.

In canelo's case, He's just fighting 154 fighters at his own weight of 155.

I'll give DG a pass since he seems to be moving up. His next fight needs to be at WW though.

Comment

• The 155 would certainly make more sense if he had a MW title.

Comment

Working...
                      X