Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doug Fischer on Golovkin/Kovalev sparring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is old news but I'm glad Dougie Fresh confirmed that particuliar gym tale is indeed TRUE!!...Frankenstein STILL a monster though....Triple G is just a Godzilla type muth****a

Comment

Kovalev's big size makes him easy target for a precisely body puncher like Golovkin.

Comment

Originally posted by HWChampion View Post
        Surely if GGG was in camp he was shedding weight for a fight, Kovalev wasn't and would have been weighing around 180+. Surely that size difference would have made significant difference. Golovkin to me can eat punches he hasn't shown any sign of a weak chin, Kovalev has been buzzed hard by old Bhop. So if it did end in a tear up GGG would be the more durable one.
        When did Hopkins hurt Kovalev?

Comment

Originally posted by BlakBread904 View Post
          This. As a side note...I hope Abel isn't encouraging gym wars. He's a good trainer and such nonsense should be beneath him. Sparring is for learning and getting better, not for upholding machismo.
          Typically they seem to frown on full throttle sparring at the Summit but Sanchez has commented on several occasions that he's found it difficult to find opponents who could earn Gennadys respect.

Reading between the lines I'd say he was looking for this from Kovalev but Sergei has said he was reluctant to oblige since to keep Gennady at bay he would have to go all out - something he was unwilling to risk in sparring sessions (and ain't what they're for) and moreover with a guy he considered a friend.

This is probably the origin of Sanchez' 'fighting scared' comments about Kovalev which tend to come accross as a little spiteful and bitter in the light of Sergeis rise to prominence which has in many ways subsequently eclipsed GGGs.

Comment

Originally posted by Foreign Soil View Post
            When did Hopkins hurt Kovalev?
            Ok I retract the "buzzed hard" part, but he did get stunned. Even nazim said to him that he hurt him. I will re watch to find it.

Comment

Working...
            X