Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thoughts on Chavez Sr./Camacho fight...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on Chavez Sr./Camacho fight...

One of the biggest PR/Mexico fights in history.A fight that Chavez dominated, particularly after the first three rounds. Unleashing a brutal combination of body shots and precise right hands. Camacho really showed a lot of guts, and a great chin taking everything Chavez had to offer.

Would the outcome have been different had they fought earlier in their careers? Before the Rosario fight? They were both the same age, and Chavez had about 40 bouts on Camacho, but "Macho's" lifestyle outside the ring was pretty hectic even though Chavez wasn't really known for having a strict lifestyle himself.

Where does this win rank on Chavez's resume?

Toughts on the fight?

Camacho at this point was doing everything outside the ring a dedicated fighter should not be doing. Chavez beat his @ass...

Comment

This was the first boxing ever fight I saw. Became a fan since then. Chavez schooled him but I'm probably more impressed that a young Felix Trinidad beat Camacho just 15 months after Chavez did and by similar score cards.

Comment

Camacho never hit very hard, he was a level below Chavez. . And he lost going into the fight. Had a split 1-1 with Haugen*

Comment

Originally posted by PorterIsFuture View Post
          Camacho never hit very hard, he was a level below Chavez. . And he lost going into the fight. Had a split 1-1 with Haugen*
          Believe it was declared a nc after urine test showed traces of an undetectable substance for Haugen.

Comment

RIP Camacho

Comment

It's in his top ten wins. Camacho was no match for him at this point. His blinding speed was not there anymore. However, had they fought earlier, I still see Chavez winning. He would have mowed him down in a more competitive fight. The big thing about Camacho is he had no heart. He took a beating because Chavez was effective in cutting off the ring. He had no choice. Watch his fight with Trinidad. Ran like crazy and was safety first once he felt the power.

Comment

Chavez is just better than Camacho.. Any time in their careers,, we are taking about ATG go fighter vs a hall of fame fighter.. Chavez was just better..

Had it been a younger Camacho, it would have been a worse beating as 135 chavez was probably the best version of chavez

Comment

I always disliked Camacho...

Comment

Camacho was just outclassed in every sense of the word. Chavez was just on another level that night.

And to be quite honest I think every time Chavez hit Camacho Hector was having flashbacks of Edwin Rosario.

Comment

Working...
                    X