No announcement yet.

Is Murray really GGG's best test?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Basco View Post
    GGG's run reminds me of Tyson! I believe the first guy who is not scared and decides to fight back, instead of surviving, will be the one to shock the world!
    That first guy you're referring to was Kassim Ouma and he was sent to the hospital with a concussion and suspected brain bleed.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
      That first guy you're referring to was Kassim Ouma and he was sent to the hospital with a concussion and suspected brain bleed.
      Washed up Jr MW Kassim Ouma.

Comment

Geale most credible so far, Murray most durable - GGG will bust Murray up

Comment

People overrate Murray based on the Sturm fight, which people incorrectly assume he was robbed in because it was close and in Germany, and the Martinez fight, where Sergio was washed up.

The guy isn't very good and certainly isn't any better than Macklin or Geale.

Comment

Murray is good. He has solid technic, I had him beating Sturm and Martinez. He has no punching power but will frustrate GGG. I'm not picking him to beat Glovokin but IMO it won't be easy

Comment

GGG's run reminds me of Tyson! I believe the first guy who is not scared and decides to fight back, instead of surviving, will be the one to shock the world!
              That's usually when they've got hurt in exchanges, imo to stand in there with Golovkin it has to be an unusually durable fighter which is what Ouma was, since being able to take the punches allows the opponent to stand his ground and fire back. We saw that with Stevens and Rosado for a round or so.

There is no one really that durable in the MW division right now, maybe Murray will be that guy but I think you really have to go up a division to the Frochs, Bikas and Abrahams.

Comment

Murray is a decent middleweight....

He has a lot in common with recent Golovkin opponents in that he is GOOD...but has not shown the ability to compete successfully at ELITE levels...

I expect the fights' outcome to mirror that of recent Golovkin opponents as well with Murray succumbing to GGG's superior offensive onslaught midway thru the fight....

GGG TKO 8

Comment

Why are some fans acting like Murray is going to give GGG a tough fight? What does he brings to the table that others haven't? He is solid but not really an A fighter. Yes he beat an over the hill Martinez(which over the hill Cotto embarrased). My problem with Murray is how active he is(or isn't) in the ring. I don't believe he will be letting his hands go as often as he will need to in order to make a competitive fight. You can beat GGG by outboxing him using a lot of movement while scoring with precise punches or........by overwhelming him with pressure and power(very hard to do considering GGG's power). Murray brings none to the table. This thread is not intended to overhype GGG(although I do belive he has tons of potential) or to take away anything from Murray. I just believe this will be another NSB classic.....

Before the fight..."Murray is the toughest test"

After the fight... "Murray is a bum"
                  So who is better than Murray on GGG's record?

Murray arguably beat in eyez on many two of the best middleweights of the last decade.
                  Martinez and Sturm, wich is not the case when it comes to the Rubios of the world.

Cotto beat a shoter version of Sergio.

I think it'll be a good fight.

Comment

these threads are so ****ing dumb.
                    'cause theres nobody ggg will ever get credit for fighting in the middleweight.
                    NOBODY.
                    in super middleweight, chavez jr is a hypejob, ward has been inactive, froch is over the hill.
                    and on and on and on and on and on there will always be reasons why golovkin aint tested.

what a tragedy. a great boxer in a division experiencing a **** era.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Pepper View Post
                      So what....Margarito beat Martinez.

Knocked him out.
                      Margarito beat a Martinez with two good legs...

Comment

Working...
                      X