No announcement yet.

James Kirkland vs Canelo Alvarez Discussion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Foreign Soil View Post
    His resume isn't bad, Murray, Geale, Macklin, to name a few. Not super talents, but good fighters.

SMW isn't a good division. Nothing there but Ward/Froch, and Froch doesn't want to fight GGG, while Ward isn't ready to fight GGG. There's no point in moving up if those two aren't ready to fight.
    Lol he basically been fighting a bunch of tune up fighters who never posed a threat tailor-made for his style since ward fighting on bet his team needs to make something happen cause those kinda fights dont help his cause

Comment

• Originally posted by Melo7 View Post
      I bet that the people who voted Kirkland by KO/TKO are by majority Pacquiao's fans.
      They are aswell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Foreign Soil View Post
        Canelo weighs as much or more than GGG. You could say he doesn't really belong at LMW since he doesn't make the weight anymore.
        Pac man was rehydrating to the high 140s at 130 pounds, but he still wasn't a welterweight yet. Big difference between water weight and weight more made up of muscle. Canelo should be fighting at a honest 154, but I'm sure he can still make it being only a half pound over tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
          He is, his last 3 fights have been middleweight.
          yea after this he should be fighting at 160

Comment

• Originally posted by -GDS- View Post
            Pac man was rehydrating to the high 140s at 130 pounds, but he still wasn't a welterweight yet. Big difference between water weight and weight more made up of muscle. Canelo should be fighting at a honest 154, but I'm sure he can still make it being only a half pound over tonight.
            WTF? Pacquiao carried water on his body for no reason at 130 but he don't at 147. What a tard.

Comment

• Man Canelo looked great tonight. Can't wait to see him go up against Cotto and GGG in the future

Comment

• Originally posted by OneHittaQuitta1 View Post
                Lol he basically been fighting a bunch of tune up fighters who never posed a threat tailor-made for his style since ward fighting on bet his team needs to make something happen cause those kinda fights dont help his cause
                Lol if you treat those fighters as tuneups you'll end up looking bad, i.e. Martinez vs Murray, Sturm vs Macklin/Murray, though Macklin looks to be completely shot now. They're B level fighters.

Ward fighting Paul Smith doesn't help his cause, that's what I think you're saying? I agree.

Comment

• This fight was a damn snuff film.

Comment

• Originally posted by -GDS- View Post
                    As long as you aren't carrying around excess fat, then whatever you rehydrate to is your real weight. Canelo simply doesn't have a huge punch, so he's stuck to 154 as long as he could. His stamina might actually improve if he fought at a full 160.

Comment

• yeah pretty much what I picked canelo to knock the stuffing out of him in 2 rounds I was close , never got the hate some have for canelo the mans impressive against anyone that stands in front of him big mistake to exchange with him , did Kirkland really say in the after fight interview with Kellerman that the ref stopped the fight early when he could have recovered ??? is he serious he looked dead ??

Comment

Working...
                      X