Collapse
No announcement yet.

James Kirkland vs Canelo Alvarez Discussion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I smell an upset if it goes past 5 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by jrrod02 View Post
      Maybe. But at least Nelo takes the fights.
      The two dudes in your profile pic, wished they had a guy like Nelo in their division. Then they wouldn't be waiting on May or LSC to grow balls and fight them.
      I have given Canelo that credit, he does fight the tough guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
        I just heard on Golpe A Golpe that Kirkland is at 200+ pounds at the moment. They were talking about how how he has to lose over 50 pounds in 4 months. Can anyone confirm that?
        Just saw him on tv a few weeks back. No way is he anywhere near 200 lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Machine View Post
          Just saw him on tv a few weeks back. No way is he anywhere near 200 lbs.
          Then they are a bunch of liars at ESPN lol. Marquez went along with it as well.

WAR KIRKLAND!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
            I just heard on Golpe A Golpe that Kirkland is at 200+ pounds at the moment. They were talking about how how he has to lose over 50 pounds in 4 months. Can anyone confirm that?
            I heard the same thing. If it happens he won't be the first fighter to do so.
            Chavez Jr. fat arse had to lose a lot of weight for the Martinez fight. Ricky Hatton was notorious for having to lose 40lbs or more between fights.

I hope that Kirkland has Ann Wolfe in his corner though. That way he comes in at his best.

Comment

Originally posted by jrrod02 View Post
              I heard the same thing. If it happens he won't be the first fighter to do so.
              Chavez Jr. fat arse had to lose a lot of weight for the Martinez fight. Ricky Hatton was notorious for having to lose 40lbs or more between fights.

I hope that Kirkland has Ann Wolfe in his corner though. That way he comes in at his best.
              Right, just like you said, not only has it happened before but it's not hard to believe when he has been inactive for over a year or so.

However, an in shape, in rhythm version of Kirkland would still be an underdog, imagine an out of rhythm, inactive out of shape version of Kirkland heading into a big fight like this.

It will be an uphill task but I'm a sucka for underdog situations... WAR KIRKLAND BABY!!!!!

Comment

Kirdland is a brawler. He is not as skilled as Canelo. It's a good fight because Kirkland definitely will not run. I think it will be more interesting than the Angulo scrap with the main difference being Kirkland will hit the canvas, but stubborn Angulo refused.

Comment

I think kirkland is gonna pull off the upset war kirkland!

Comment

Any photos of Kirkland lately? I saw him in his interview with Jess Rosales and he looked fat.

Comment

He's no where near 200lbs.

You would see it in hhis face.

Comment

Working...
                      X