Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guiellermo Rigondeaux's Complete Interview.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guiellermo Rigondeaux's Complete Interview.

Interviewer:Champ, thanks for accepting our calling.

GR: Thank you very much for making this interview, we are ready for anything.

Int:How do you take Oscar de la Hoya's willingness on making the fight with Santa Cruz?

GR:Well, we(his camp) are at 100 percent, we are ready and waiting. I have never said no to any fight, and well.. we are now just waiting on Leo Santa Cruz or his father to make a decision so we can make the fight, that's it. That's all that's left, nothing else.

Int:How does one fight against Leo Santa Cruz?

GR:I am a fighter that depends on how his opponent comes to fight. However, if we have to fight at 100 percent, toe to toe, we are ready for anything. We are always ready. First and foremost we are always at the weight, all we are waiting for is for him(LSC) to say "yes" and nothing else.

Int: Do you believe that the victory over Nonito Donaire closed the doors for you in terms of other big fights, due to the manner in which you won it?

GR:No, not really. But I always keep myself conscience and well prepared to fight anyone I have to fight. I don't know what's going on or why the rest of the champions don't want my titles. They don't want them nor do they want to unify against me, that's why we are hoping for Leo Santa Cruz to say yes, so we can cement the fight and make it happen. That's what I'm waiting for.

Int: Do you think Leo is sincere when he claims he wants to fight you?

GR:To be honest, I don't know that. All I know is that we are ready and hoping the fight comes together. I have never said no, we are prepared and all that's left is for him to agree and that's it.

Int: What would you like to say to Santa Cruz?

GR:Well Leo Santa Cruz, with the statement that De la Hoya made I believe we should make the fight and unify our titles. In order for you to become a unified champion you need to face me, if you fight me then you can become the 122lbs unified champion, if not then you won't. I am ready to make it happen and fight toe to toe.

Int:Is he as obligated as Mayweather to take the Pacquiao fight in order for him (LSC) not to lose his following?

GR:Yes, it's the same situation. It's enough already, they keep giving him all those dead bodies in there and paying him 750 thousand. He keeps fighting those dead bodies that are ranked 500 in their organization, ENOUGH! Let's make the fight and forget about your father, because your father won't be the one fighting, it will be you.

Int:Is it in your plans to move up to 126 and fight the best Featherweights?

GR:I have no problem, I am the 122 pound champion... but if they make a weight limit that they can't exceed 136 pounds come fight night, I will fight anybody. As long as they pay me I fight anybody. I am a boxer that solves any problem that presents itself, I never say no to anything.

Int:What do you have to say in response to Santa Cruz labeling you as a runner and claiming a fight between you would be boring?

GR:That's what he thinks, just like Nonito whom they also had inflated, I have a little present for you. I won't run, I won't move. He thinks I will come out running, let him think that. Let him believe that... I will stand in the middle of the ring and break his head.

Int: Is it true that you said all those mares(female horses) at 122 would never make a Horse like yourself?

GR:Of course, there's like 100 mares that would never make it to be the horse I am. We are waiting for any of them to decide to unify with me, especially Leo. We are waiting for his father to grant him permission. He thinks I will run but he doesn't know I have the end of 2015 waiting for him.

Int: What is "the end of 2015"?

GR:The end of 2015 is.... Salsa, beer and some mangoes and at the end of it all a Tecate Beer, what's up fool? Decide already because Mexicans are characterized for their gran valor and their refusal to turn down a challenge. All we are waiting on now if for this Mexicana to decide already, because that's what she is.. a Mexicana. What's up fool? What the f#ck is up, fool? What are you going to do?

Int:You say that Julio Cesar Chavez scared Leo away from you, why?

GR: Yes, of course. I really respect JCC Sr because he is a great champion and a great person but he is scaring away Leo. Don't scare him off Julio because everytime you make a statement you drive him 100 meters away and I wont be able to catch him, ever. He claims he's a champion(LSC) and that's why I want to unify against him but he keeps fighting dead bodies. I mean, he's fighting his sparring partners, imagine that.

Int:What will happen if you beat Leo for his WBC strap?

GR:You said what? Don't ask "if" I'll beat him, be assured 100 percent that I will. All I am missing is the green strap and the IBF belt and I don't have them because they won't fight me.

Int:Are your belts collecting rust?

GR:They are getting rusty. In fact, they are getting even darker than me. I have 5 belts adorning my house and no one wants to take them from me. No one want's to fight me.. no one wants to be a champion.

Int:What happened in the Panamerican Games of Rio de Janeiro when you defected and then returned to Cuba?

GR:A few things happened. Things didn't come out as planned and they didn't give us the money we had agreed upon. So we(Lara and himself) decided to head back to Cuba. They took us off the National team and then we wound up defecting to the US through our own means.

Int:Is the fight against Leo a 12 rounder or KO?

GR:We prepare ourselves differently for each fight, depending on our rivals. He may think we are going to come out running but I am going to fight him in the middle of the ring and fire off at him. First thing's first, he needs to make weight because he has weight issues. Me on the other hand, I am at weight right now and could even fight tomorrow. I am at 122 without a problem but that's another thing he is running away from. In regards to weight alone I already won one fight.

Int:You also said you had a lot of respect for JMM?

GR:Yes, of course. Salutations to Juan Manuel Marquez. He is an incredible fighter whom has always spoken very kindly of us Cubans. He has always provided us with support in every sense of the word and although he is Mexican, he has always expressed himself very kindly of us Cubans.

Int:Would you like to fight on the undercard of Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao if both fights get made?

GR:Of course and I would shine. Whenever I am given an opportunity I always take advantage of it and seize it, I have never let an opportunity slip away.

Int:What is your final message for LSC?

GR:Look Leo Santa Cruz, I have had good opinions in regard to Mexican boxers. You have claimed to want to fight the best of the best... listen well, the best at 122, do you know who that it? GUILLERMO RIGONDEAUX and I have two titles. I am waiting for yours. Let's unify so we could see who's the best at 122. Don't get it wrong, don't let yourself get inflated like what happened to Nonito Donaire. For you I have the last shipment the boat brought in, so you better prepare yourself very well so you wont make any excuses the way Nonito did. Now he's claiming he is moving back down to 122 to fight me. Here I am, waiting for all these female horses that even stacked together would never mount up to the horse that I am.

This was the interview given on ESPEN Deportes Radio.

Long ass read

Source: http://www.notifight.com/rigondeaux-...eo-santa-cruz/

Get em Rigo........

Comment

Int: What is "the end of 2015"?

GR:The end of 2015 is.... Salsa, beer and some mangoes and at the end of it all a Tecate Beer, what's up fool? Decide already because Mexicans are characterized for their gran valor and their refusal to turn down a challenge. All we are waiting on now if for this Mexicana to decide already, because that's what she is.. a Mexicana. What's up fool? What the f#ck is up, fool? What are you going to do?

This guy is a living legend. He won't even have to move away from LSC while he's beating his head in.

Comment

so he's not willing to fight any featherweights unless there's a re-hydration clause? HE A GOAT DOE, NOBODY WANTS TO FIGHT RIGO DOE.

Comment

Damn man Rigo is making LSC look bad...awesome, hope it works and they actually end up fighting

Comment

It took some time to translate it but it was worth it Now everyone can enjoy Rigo's slick wordplay.

Comment

"they keep giving him all those dead bodies in there and paying him 750 thousand. He keeps fighting those dead bodies that are ranked 500 in their organization"

Comment

haha i dont know if he talked too much truth that it would scare LSC away. I'd like to see this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Bardock View Post
                  so he's not willing to fight any featherweights unless there's a re-hydration clause? HE A GOAT DOE, NOBODY WANTS TO FIGHT RIGO DOE.
                  he rehydrates to 125 hes not gonna fight someone 20 pounds bigger than him.. you always come into rigo threads like he didnt just straight up embarrass your boy

Comment

"I will stand in the middle of the ring and break his head"

Comment

Working...
                    X