The Ring's 2014 Awards

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WAR IGUANAS

Comment

I don't agree with Kovalev for FOTY. Inoue and Crawford had more of a "complete" year. I also think Pacquiao had the best single win of the year vs. Bradley.

Comment

All of them make sense in one way or another.

I thought Crawford was FOTY, but Kovalev isn't a bad choice either.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
          I don't agree with Kovalev for FOTY. Inoue and Crawford had more of a "complete" year. I also think Pacquiao had the best single win of the year vs. Bradley.
          Great post. .

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
            Are they just going to blindly hand that award to Roach every year now? The guy could go 0-50 with his fighters and he'll still get Trainer of the Year, SMH.
            Training Pacquiao and Cotto to really good years would make a great case for him.

Who else would you suggest?

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
              Training Pacquiao and Cotto to really good years would make a great case for him.

Who else would you suggest?
              John David Jackson, Abel Sanchez, Joe Gallagher, and Virgil Hunter were the honorable mentions.

Comment

i'm glad they acknowledged coyle/brizuela in "round of the year", that was the fight of the year imo
                Last edited by Dean_Razorback; 02-01-2015, 11:21 AM.

Comment

I'm glad Kovalev gets the nod over Crawford.

Kovalev schooling Hopkins beat Crawford beating small oppositions in his hometown.

Comment

Originally posted by -KULT- View Post
                    I'm glad Kovalev gets the nod over Crawford.

Kovalev schooling Hopkins beat Crawford beating small oppositions in his hometown.
                    Crawford travelled to Glasgow to win his belt.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                      John David Jackson, Abel Sanchez, Joe Gallagher, and Virgil Hunter were the honorable mentions.
                      Yeah, and how could any of those possibly be considered over Freddie Roach who guided two of his top fighters to top years winning world titles against top fighters, and who were coming off the back of not so good years?

Comment

Working...
                      X