• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The underappreciated boxing brilliance of Erislandy Lara

A brilliant article here on Erislandy Lara

Read it here:
    http://www.thesweetscience.com/news/...erislandy-lara

Tell us what you think...

After reading this I have a new appreciation for Lara. He should be considered to top Middleweight. Right up ther with GGG, Alvarez and Cotto

He's a good boxer. I give him alotta **** but he's solid. A little hair on the 'fragile' side but solid boxer. He's not very active though, I think he should fight more often.

I'm trying this new thing where I'm not trashing boxers I don't root for.

Comment

*spits*

*spits*

Comment

He ran vs Canelo

He didn't box

He ran

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
          He ran vs Canelo

He didn't box

He ran
          you forgot the "doe". doe

Comment

Fighters like him get little credit on this forum because the majority of people on here know little about boxing, as soon as they see a mover they just label him a "runner" and that the end of it.

Comment

Originally posted by One more round View Post
              Fighters like him get little credit on this forum because the majority of people on here know little about boxing, as soon as they see a mover they just label him a "runner" and that the end of it.
              Agreed. May weather started it. Most of the haters who call boxers runners r Mayweather haters and associate his brilliance with cowardice. Hence why thdy hate on any boxer such as Lara who makes their over hyped and limited (skill wise) fighters like Canelo look bad.

Sad part is, it's all a disgrace to the G.O.A.T. Ali who IMO birthed the style of moving boxers. The versions today are just more refined versions of his float like a butterfly sting like a bee style.

Comment

There's no appreciation for defensive fighters. Boxing is about hitting and not getting hit. Its an art form and the master of the art is Floyd Mayweather.

Lara is like that and he doesn't get his due respect.

Last edited by Cut Man; 01-31-2015, 01:52 AM.

Comment

^^^^ this.

He outlanded Canelo by 10 punches. How can you run and manage that?

It's not my fault Canelo couldnt cut him off

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
                    He ran vs Canelo

He didn't box

He ran
                    You're my boy, jas.

But your 9-3 scorecard will always be hot basura in my eyes.

Not even Canelos abuelita scored it that wide.

Comment

Working...
                    X