Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should boxing get rid of all weight divisions and let everyone fight each other?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    Imagine the threads...

"Why is Floyd Mayweather ducking Andre Ward?"
    "Canelo fighting slow plodding, old Carl Froch but wants nothing to do with Steve Cunningham. SMH."
    "Pacquiao fighting Roman Gonzalez at 144lbs next, can't wait!"
    lol yea man thats exactly what it would be

Comment

Yes.Let's get Wlad some fights with the best 106 pounders Mexico and the Orient have to offer.

Comment

Great idea! How about we get rid of the ropes and make it a massive ring made of cement, like this...

Never mind gloves or rules, anything goes. Flying, super powers, explosions... and even kicking!

Just watch out for this menace...

I heard he a legend out in Japan... but I wouldn't no, he aint from Murica so it dont matta.

Comment

Originally posted by BigNuts View Post
          Now just hear me out.....

Since boxing has too many weight divisions and belts, wouldn't it be far more interesting and entertaining if boxing just did away with weight divisions and just had one universal belt where every fighter from the face on the earth no matter how big or small would fight each other to be named the baddest man on the planet?

I think this would be the surge boxing would need to get back to it's golden years.
          I really wish I hadn't...

Comment

Originally posted by Furn View Post
            No one under 6ft would ever take up boxing.

4-5 belts per division is the problem the weight divisions arent too bad just get it down to 12-13 and its fine.
            This........

Comment

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
              Great idea! How about we get rid of the ropes and make it a massive ring made of cement, like this...

Never mind gloves or rules, anything goes. Flying, super powers, explosions... and even kicking!

Just watch out for this menace...

I heard he a legend out in Japan... but I wouldn't no, he aint from Murica so it dont matta.
              Lol, solid.

Comment

Originally posted by BigNuts View Post
                Now just hear me out.....

Since boxing has too many weight divisions and belts, wouldn't it be far more interesting and entertaining if boxing just did away with weight divisions and just had one universal belt where every fighter from the face on the earth no matter how big or small would fight each other to be named the baddest man on the planet?

I think this would be the surge boxing would need to get back to it's golden years.
                This place is truly a hotbed of boxing knowledge

Comment

There would be many fatalities matching tiny dudes with HWs

Comment

You guys are clearly missing the point. Boxers are TOUGH! boxing is a tough sport.

So what if a guy is bigger then you? You find a way to exploit his weakness to win the match.

GET RID OF ALL WEIGHT DIVISIONS AND LET ALL FIGHTERS FIGHT FOR ONE TRUE WORLD CHAMPION!

Boxing would become more popular then ever!
                    Last edited by BigNuts; 01-30-2015, 12:59 PM.

Comment

see what I mean. the fight of the century was a complete snooze fest.

Boxing needs to do something to rejuvenate itself and my idea will do just that.

What does it have to lose?

Comment

Working...
                      X