Collapse
No announcement yet.

So Wilder turned down 10M for Povetkin.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would rather see Fury at Wembly on NBC. UK PPV could get him more than the 10mil.
    Froch made 8 fighting Groves (the fight generated 22 mil)
    Povetkin will always be there (he should fight Tarver in the mean time). The winner of both fights can face each other next.

Degale vs Dirrel could be the co feature
    or Dirrel vs Groves maybe both.

Fury would be the best card overall if you think about it. They could also put Anthony Joshua or Brook vs Miadana.
    Last edited by kej718; 01-31-2015, 02:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by kej718 View Post
      Yeah UK boxing fans are great. I mean if Groves can generate that much, imagine what loudmouth Fury insulting Deontay Wilder can bring in.

Comment

• Originally posted by kej718 View Post
        Would rather see Fury at Wembly on NBC. UK PPV could get him more than the 10mil.
        Povetkin will always be there (he should fight Tarver in the mean time). The winner of both fights can face each other next.

Degale vs Dirrel could be the co feature
        or Dirrel vs Groves maybe both.

Fury would be the best card overall if you think about it. They could also put Anthony Joshua or Brook vs Miadana.
        Fury is not PPV yet, I'd venture that Wilder would make more fighting Haye at this point.

Comment

• UK PPV
          I mean. They would be fighting for the WBC title so it would be a big fight. If Wilder wins he gets more exposure from fighting on NBC and can be a PPV star.

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
            Having skimmed a bit of the responses, I reckon the above one is one of the more epic excuses:

"When you are a World champion, I am fine with you turning Down monster purses and avoiding all the dangerous contenders as long as you fight your mandatories."

Seriously wtf?

If I see an Ottke or Calzaghe bashing thread, I'll drop you a hint so you can come in with a defense.
            European fighters have milked world titles in their local regions for years. Look at Sturm, Abraham, Stieglitz, Braehmer, etc.

To some of you it has been perfectly ok when they do it but only now that an American might take a turn does it suddenly become a problem. That's hypocrisy at it's finest.

In any case Deontay is playing within the rules as long as he defends that title against the mandatory challenger within a certain period of time. Aside from that he is free to make money from the belt as he best sees fit.

If you want to change the current rules to make boxing better then I would support that. But until things change it is asinine to hold Wilder to a different standard than Euro world champions follow.

Comment

• Man has not even had the title for 3 weeks...

Comment

• Strip him of the title.

Problem solved!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  European fighters have milked world titles in their local regions for years. Look at Sturm, Abraham, Stieglitz, Braehmer, etc.

To some of you it has been perfectly ok when they do it but only now that an American might take a turn does it suddenly become a problem. That's hypocrisy at it's finest.

In any case Deontay is playing within the rules as long as he defends that title against the mandatory challenger within a certain period of time. Aside from that he is free to make money from the belt as he best sees fit.

If you want to change the current rules to make boxing better then I would support that. But until things change it is asinine to hold Wilder to a different standard than Euro world champions follow.
                  You just Ethered the entire thread

/thread

Comment

• I wouldn't be surprised if Wilder's first defense is vs. Szpilka.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                      I wouldn't be surprised if Wilder's first defense is vs. Szpilka.
                      He's already been beaten by Jennings.

Bustin bums

Comment

Working...
                      X