Collapse
No announcement yet.

Too much emphasis on unbeaten records?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too much emphasis on unbeaten records?

In boxing today, if a fighter gets a loss he's considered a bum. And I believe that's why the fighters of this era are scared to fight the best as so called 'boxing fans' start to undermine them even if they stepped up to the plate. Look at the UFC for example, the best fight the best and no one cares how many losses you have. Hall of famers like Chuck Lidell who came with a do or die attitude. We need more guys with Keith Thurman's mentality; not afraid to lose the 0.
    Yes
    88.46%
    No
    11.54%

That isn't even true, everything in boxing is what have you done for me lately so it can easily be turned around after a loss someone would just need to string wins together.

Not losing is very important in boxing so, I would find unbeaten record to be judged just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
      That isn't even true, everything in boxing is what have you done for me lately so it can easily be turned around after a loss someone would just need to string wins together.

Not losing is very important in boxing so, I would find unbeaten record to be judged just fine.
      The fact that not losing in boxing is so important isn't the answer, it's the problem.

Comment

blame the fans......as soon as you lose you labeled a bum

Comment

Originally posted by 80sFighter View Post
          The fact that not losing in boxing is so important isn't the answer, it's the problem.
          I agree. I think it's ridiculous that the first fight a boxer loses he gets labeled a "bum" or "overhyped" etc, etc.

Comment

So the object of the game is not important? It is part of the problem? I think you are in the wrong place~

Comment

If you're fighting the best and lose so be it... If you're undefeated fighting TBA and lose the first time you step up then you got exposed.. If you're undefeated and a ducker you're just TBE...

Comment

Fantastic answer!

Comment

Winning isn't everything it is the only thing~

Comment

it's generally a case of fans being ignorant rather than a fighter being a bum. they are simply clueless experts with cable tv, internet access and too much time on their hands.

heaven forbid should a fighter get stopped, smh........ Rockin'

Comment

Working...
                    X