Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why did mayweather and broner underestimate maidana?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by goodvibes View Post
    There were better fights out there the Floyd definiately. But at the time Maidana was coming off his biggest win of his career thus drawing buzz around him.

I could see it now, "stop running floyd from maidana, floyd" "he dropped broner so hell kill mayweather"

I really hope the Pac fight happens though. Even though if Floyd pulls the W people still wouldnt give him credit for it.
    You are in that state of mind as always where if and that is a big IF, Floyd fights Pac you say what if he pulls the W would he get the credit that he deserve? now look at the other if, what if he lose?

Comment

Edit: On Topic, Because they thought Maidana will just brawl them with predictable moveset + flatfooted.

No matter how good your reflexes are , you cannot avoid multiple punches coming from different awkward angles. I still think, their style's main weakness are pressure fighters.
      Last edited by gamesworn; 01-26-2015, 05:02 AM.

Comment

Broner and Mayweather did not underestimate Maidana. Broner and Floyd just aren't as good as they say they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Rath View Post
          You are in that state of mind as always where if and that is a big IF, Floyd fights Pac you say what if he pulls the W would he get the credit that he deserve? now look at the other if, what if he lose?
          I'm just trying to stay optimistic about that fight man. As a boxing fan I would be so disappointed if they never fought.

If Floyd wins, people will say "Pac was too old, out of his prime, been knocked out" so on and so forth.. Thus kind of devaluing the win for him.

If Manny wins, people will say Manny is the true champion and finally was the one to dethrone Floyd. You have to keep in mind, a big reason for Pac's popularity is because he is supposed to be the guy that can beat THE guy.

Anyways, I'm getting off topic.

Maidana is an awesome fighter and gave Mayweather a hard first fight. But like the other poster said, his awkward style can be very difficult to figure out.

Comment

I think Broner underestimated Maidana. He thought it was going to be an easy fight and outbox him like Devon did.

Comment

Nope, they didn't underestimate him. The truth is that Mayweather is past it and Broner was overrated.

Comment

I don't think Floyd underestimated him necessarily. I just think that every time someone is even remotely competitive and dish out some damage on Floyd we tend to go way overboard with it.

Broner is just not a very good fighter. He is much closer to a Zab Judah than to a Floyd Mayweather when it comes to hype compared to ability.

Comment

Because they're no too bright?

Comment

Floyd saw the Broner fight and thought his only chance is if he KOs or knocks him down a few times. So Floyd took away his gloves and put pillows on him.

That is a fact and if I was a Floyd fan, that would be embarrassing. You know, promote Maidana as this KO artist and then try to tranquilize him with them pillow gloves.

Comment

Working...
                    X