Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What win does GGG have that is better then Cottos win over Martinez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

None. Larry, GGG is an exciting fighter with no professional resume to speak of.

Comment

Dudes already trying hard to sell the Cotto rematch.

Comment

Martinez was nearly Alvarado level that night Cotto beat him. He looked awful against Murray previously too and arguably lost that one (dropped twice by a light hitter). Overrated win on Cotto's resume.

Comment

I misspelled his name. He is Daniel Geale and he was ranked as the 4th best middleweight in the world when GGG knocked him out in three rounds. After the loss to GGG he was dropped to number 7 in the world. Most of the guys GGG is fighting are in the top ten when he fights them. After he knocks them out they are dropped from the top ten.GGG is fighting another high ranked contender in a few weeks. He is fighting Martin Murray who is Cotto's mandatory contender. He is doing Cotto's job for him while Cotto takes a year off.

Comment

oh yeah cotto is the better MW? Floyd should take it easy then if he fights at MW and face the less dangerous fighter first which is golovkin...let's say if larry and his sheepmates will agree

Comment

The fact that cotto dominated martinez the way he did is impressive in of itself. But Martinez was shot and not the same guy that fought Chavez. Theres guys on GGG's resume that I think would beat Cotto. I also think GGG would beat Cotto. However Cotto is the lineal champ and rightfully is higher rated then GGG. A good example though would be like saying Floyd Mayweather is better then Paul Williams because he beat Oscar in 07. Oscar wasnt in his prime but still a force to be reckoned with but even with that win most would prob say Williams would beat Floyd at 154.

Comment

Cotto's win over Martinez was meaningless as Martinez was clearly a shell due to surgically repaired knees. That said, it still holds more weight than anything GGG has done thus far.

Comment

Originally posted by boxinggod101 View Post
                  He doesnt but we know why... Who at 160 wants to fight GGG? Wheres Quillin? Where was Martinez? Where is Cotto? GGG said it, he will fight anyone at 160 and named drop Cotto. Do u think Cotto would win?

I seen the thread yesterday abt Khan vs Cotto and now this, we know what u trying to do but lets be real here. Cotto aint no MW. If he is than lets unify.
                  he also said he would fight anyone at 154 and 168 so whats ur point

Comment

Originally posted by Ganondorf View Post
                    None. Larry, GGG is an exciting fighter with no professional resume to speak of.
                    not sure if ur trolling but it is what it is the guys cant get people to fight him at 160 dont want to fight the best at 168 hes really in a weird spot

Comment

GGG would have taken out that version of martinez in the first round. I can say with absolutely certainty that cotto doesn't make it past 4 rounds with Golovkin. Who gives a shyt about better wins and lineal champs? what counts the most is head to head.. Nobody in the MW division stands a chance against golovkin, dude is a beast. If Golovkin was such a hypejob with a padded record, Cotto or Canelo would have fought him already. Everyone in boxing knows he's the real deal, cotto is not even a real MW and Canelo is terrified of moving up that's why his big ass has been fighting at a catchweight between jmw and mw. I guarantee that if GGG moves up tomorrow, Canelo is going to immediately fight for his vacant belt and weigh in at 160. lol

Comment

Working...
                      X