Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What win does GGG have that is better then Cottos win over Martinez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If he beats Martin Murray(who some thought beat Sergio), and his resume of fighting top 10 MW's is much better than Cotto's win over crippled Sergio.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
      Except Murray lost to Martinez
      On paper he did. In real life he won.

Comment

Everyone of his fights because Martinez was a crippled fighter, yet if Martinez had fought GGG and lost we would have had the real lineal MW champion today in GGG.

Comment

He doesnt but we know why... Who at 160 wants to fight GGG? Wheres Quillin? Where was Martinez? Where is Cotto? GGG said it, he will fight anyone at 160 and named drop Cotto. Do u think Cotto would win?

I seen the thread yesterday abt Khan vs Cotto and now this, we know what u trying to do but lets be real here. Cotto aint no MW. If he is than lets unify.

Comment

Cotto's win over Martinez isn't that impressive considering the fact Martinez wasn't at 100%. While you can't take the W away from Cotto, you have to credit part of his dominance in that fight to Martinez not having any legs to stand on. He couldn't be mobile like he used to and it was obvious the knee is a problem. I wouldn't be surprised if he never fights again. He fought Cotto for the payday and hid his injury well during the buildup. Had this been Martinez before the Chavez, Jr. fight then it would be a heck of a win for Cotto. But I doubt Cotto could have taken that Martinez with his movement and power.

GGG on the other hand has been beating most of the top guys in the division not named Martinez. I say his dominance over several notable (not HOF'ers, but notable) guys is enough to say that he's THE guy at middleweight. That alone is better than Cotto's victory over an injured Martinez.

Comment

i get what youre saying, but if names are all that matter, then trout is better than both of them, since he beat the guy that beat martinez, at his best weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferrarijones View Post
                Cotto's win over Martinez isn't that impressive considering the fact Martinez wasn't at 100%. While you can't take the W away from Cotto, you have to credit part of his dominance in that fight to Martinez not having any legs to stand on. He couldn't be mobile like he used to and it was obvious the knee is a problem. I wouldn't be surprised if he never fights again. He fought Cotto for the payday and hid his injury well during the buildup. Had this been Martinez before the Chavez, Jr. fight then it would be a heck of a win for Cotto. But I doubt Cotto could have taken that Martinez with his movement and power.

GGG on the other hand has been beating most of the top guys in the division not named Martinez. I say his dominance over several notable (not HOF'ers, but notable) guys is enough to say that he's THE guy at middleweight. That alone is better than Cotto's victory over an injured Martinez.
                Of course he is the guy at 160. Cotto aint the man at 160. Cotto doesnt belong there. He did it for history wich is great but GGG is the man to beat at MW.

Comment

It's not "one win" per se, but the cumulative wins GGG has @ MW, compared to Cotto's lone win over a completely shot, knee-less Martinez. Martinez's style relied 100% on his movement - he has NO defense rather than his fast feet to avoid shots, and dictate range.

He has no high-guard defensive posture, can't catch/block shots. He has limited head, and upper body movement.

So basically Cotto was fighting a worthless Martinez. Not even a shell of himself - a completely ifferent boxer.

And, once GGG beats Murray, that will be "one sole" win that is better than Martinez, becuase Murray BEAT Martinez!

Stop pretending like Cotto's championship at MW is anymore legit than Pac's 154 pound title.

Comment

He doesn't have any, but that doesn't justify a Mayweather vs Cotto fight either. GGG is way too big for both Mayweather and Cotto. The only people that Mayweather or Pac should be fighting, is each other. No more excuses.

Comment

Will Cotto actually ever face a REAL MW?

I'd LOVE to see Cotto fight and beat the guys GGG has @ MW. I bet Cotto doesn't even beat Adama.

Stevenson destroys Cotto. Geale Austin Trouts him. Murray stops him most likely...

LOL Cotto WILL NEVER fight a real mw!

Comment

Working...
                      X