Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would defeating Margarito have done anything for Mayweathers legacy in retrospect

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bad style match up for mayweather i think

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
      It would of been a better win than the guys you mentioned. Better than Maidana, Mosley(inactivity/no prime), Canelo, Marquez(no weight issue), Baldomir, Judah, and more. A prime Margarito was a beast. Was a top 5 WW for many many years. He was THE guy.
      ONLY on NSB can beating a fighter that held a trinket mean more for your legacy than Hall of famers like Mosley, Marquez, DLH and others.

Mosley was a two time lineal welterweight champion and hall of famer>perennial contender and trinket holder Margarito

Margarito was a top 5 ww off and on for 3 years
      Last edited by therealpugilist; 01-25-2015, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Lol this dude thinks Maidana n Guerrero wins would be better than beating Margs at the time.

Comment

a Win over Margarito would have Validated him as a legit champion instead he decided to act like a coward in front of the man and thats why till this day he is known as a coward.

Comment

no. because cheato is a cheater

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
              Lol this dude thinks Maidana n Guerrero wins would be better than beating Margs at the time.
              no I said they were about the same

if you quote someone at least quote correctly

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                ONLY on NSB can beating a fighter that held a trinket mean more for your legacy than Hall of famers like Mosley, Marquez, DLH and others.

Mosley was a two time lineal welterweight champion and hall of famer>perennial contender and trinket holder Margarito
                Lol dude I see what you're doing.

You're basing it by names only. Marquez wasn't a WW. Is he a future HOFer? Absolutely!

What brought the Mosley hype before Floyd fought him? Margarito! Let's forget the 16 months of inactivity. What is Mosley's biggest accomplishment outside of DLH? A PRIME DLH. Vargas? Nope!

Comment

Originally posted by RyanjLarose View Post
                  bad style match up for mayweather i think
                  I agree there are many out there that believe Marg and Paul Williams high work rate would cause Mayweather problem's add the fact Margs does not back down when he gets hit like all of Mayweather opponents have in the past. Margs and Paul Williams would just keep going no matter how much they got hit and die trying to win shame these fights didn't happen
                  Last edited by solo20; 01-25-2015, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Margarito is neither an ATG or Hall of Famer. Who knows if he was cheating when he beat Cintron and Cotto, his only good wins of his career. So no, it does nothing for his career. Baldomir with some power.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                      no I said they were about the same

if you quote someone at least quote correctly
                      Floyd would of gotten much less hate from fans if he would of actually fought Margarito/Cotto when it mattered.

@ same.

Comment

Working...
                      X