No announcement yet.

The Official Brandon Rios-Mike Alvarado 3 Discussion and RBR Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm rolling with Alvarado tonight!

I just think he's better suited for 147 than Rios is.

Although Alvarado's recent arrests and obvious drug habits do have me a little concerned.

Comment

I've gone with Mike Alvarado on points. Initially I thought Rios would win, based on Alvarado's recent wars in the ring and trouble outside, but when I watched the fights over, Mike was getting some success with stiff shots on a tricky HOFer Marquez, and showed his grit by taking some huge shots and still finishing the fight. I think he looked worse against Prov. because of Prov's power which just caused him to shell up and back-pedal all night.

But Rios won't hit as hard and I'd expect Mike to meet him in the middle and look to counter just outside of Rios' reach. I think Mike looks the more suited to the weight of 147 but I know that counts for nothing once the punches start flying.

Watching the Post fight interview with Rios after Manny, the guy was nearly mentally broken and looked on his way to a close loss against D.Chaves.

Fighting in Mike's Home town might be an opposing factor for Rios too, and just going on technical ability I gotta favour Mike. Just hoping age and all the drama in and out the ring hasn't caught up with him. Both these guys take too many punches in their fights and I can't see this one being much different.

Also, didn't Rios test positive for something after the Pacquiao fight? Hope he doesn't come in juicy tonight.

Comment

When I saw TR's intro at the start of the broadcast, they showed JMM. Does TR claim JMM? Isn't he under Zanfer?

Comment

This Lopez guy throwing like 10 punches a round

Comment

What channel/station is the fight on?

Comment

Lopez is landing some shots.

Comment

I think Rios will take this one. Alvarado was ****ed bad vs Prov and Marquez. Its cool to see 2 fighters of the same caliber fight each other.

Comment

I'm hoping Brandon Rios wins tonight, only because I'd love to see Juan Manuel Marquez beat the s**t out of him in a farewell fight.

Comment

Abner Lopez dropping some heavy shots on Shakhnazaryan. Looks like lopez could be taking this by stoppage soon. Shak looking tired, mouth open, face bruising fast too.

Comment

Originally posted by The Viper View Post
                      What channel/station is the fight on?
                      guys?...............

Comment

Working...
                      X