Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather To Pacquiao: You Agreed? You Have No Say!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mayweather To Pacquiao: You Agreed? You Have No Say!

WBC/WBA welterweight champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. spoke out publicly for the first time on the ongoing negotiations to make a mega-fight with WBO welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao on May 2nd at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

Pacquiao recently stated, in several interviews, that he agreed to all of the terms - on his side of the negotiations. Bob Arum of Top Rank, who promotes Pacquiao, says his company is also satisfied with the terms.

Based on Mayweather's comments, the fight is not as close as everyone seems to be writing.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Pretty sure Bob said the same thing, I suppose he has no say either...

Comment

Floyd just ethered arum. That's three times in one day for arum. Maybe you all will stop blaming the fighhters

Comment

You make an offer and they present it to the fighter. The fighter and his promoter either accepts or doesn't.

What am I missing here?

More of this "I'm my own boss, you have a boss" talk. Who has Floyd ever fought that didn't have a boss?

Comment

Skip the BS......... in other words, the fight is not happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
            More of this "I'm my own boss, you have a boss" talk. Who has Floyd ever fought that didn't have a boss?
            He effectively works for Showtime anyway, he fights on their network, they pay him his wage just like anyone else they show on their channel. He's nothing more than an employee himself for all his "I'm a boss" talk.
            Last edited by Weebler I; 01-20-2015, 01:27 PM.

Comment

I think what Floyd is saying is that Arum lies about anything and everything. He might be telling the media one thing and doing another, this really shouldn't come as a shock. I don't believe what Floyd is saying, he has a boss too known as Al Haymon and Les Moonves.

Comment

We've seen this before. Floyd is preparing to move the goalposts again.

More roadblocks coming.

Pacquiao agreed to the terms that were negotiated. Floyd set a few conditions and terms...Pac agreed. Floyd is now ready for more roadblocks.

Comment

Only thing Ive faulted Pacquiao for has not being more aggressive with Arum. I dont think he has any input on who he fights but that is irrelevant if Arum himself is saying he wants to make the fight (and if you believe him is trying to make the fight)

Comment

Based off the fact that Floyd stutters trying to read "The little engine that could", it's hard to imagine him being the boss he claims to be.

They're both puppets, neither are paying themselves.

Comment

Working...
                    X