Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who had the easier route to a HW world title: Deontay Wilder or David Haye?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wilder, he fought nothing but bums and bought his WBC rank

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
      Stiverne>Valuev

Haye barely, and I mean barely beat Valuev, he could've easily lost.

Wilder dominated Stiverne with a broken hand.
      I don't know.

Valuev, though cumbersome, would tag Stiverne with relative ease, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
        I don't know.

Valuev, though cumbersome, would tag Stiverne with relative ease, IMO.

Yeah, 'Sugar' Valuev would probably have boxed circles around Stiverne, before stopping him in the later rounds.

On a serious note, Davey's win over Valuev was one of the most boring HW displays ever, Haye hardly threw anything and was on his bike all night. He got a lucky decision and a guy like Primo Carnera would probably have knocked out Haye, who hates/ is terrified of fighting guys bigger than himself.

Comment

Valuev, for all his drawbacks was an extremely formidable opponent that few could beat really.

He did go 50-2 at 200+

I don't think there's any question Valuev was better than Stiverne at this stage.

Comment

Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post

Yeah, 'Sugar' Valuev would probably have boxed circles around Stiverne, before stopping him in the later rounds.

On a serious note, Davey's win over Valuev was one of the most boring HW displays ever, Haye hardly threw anything and was on his bike all night. He got a lucky decision and a guy like Primo Carnera would probably have knocked out Haye, who hates/ is terrified of fighting guys bigger than himself.
            I didn't say he'd box 'circles' around Stiverne; I said he'd hit him. Stiverne attacked in a straight line against Wilder with almost no head movement. Wilder, literally, could not miss.

I agree with your comments re. Haye, though. It really was a razor thin win.

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
              Valuev, for all his drawbacks was an extremely formidable opponent that few could beat really.

He did go 50-2 at 200+

I don't think there's any question Valuev was better than Stiverne at this stage.
              C'mon now Elroy. A shot to pieces Holyfield beat him clearly (certainly more so than Haye) and then was robbed by the judges.

Valuev is the very definition of a big stiff idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
                C'mon now Elroy. A shot to pieces Holyfield beat him clearly (certainly more so than Haye) and then was robbed by the judges.

Valuev is the very definition of a big stiff idiot.
                I agree, he is never going to win an accolade in the movement department.

However he is 7'1" tall and 320lbs and stiff or not, he has the basic boxing fundamentals.

I just can't see Wilder doing to Valuev what he did to Stiverne, put it that way.

Comment

It's too bad they never made the Vitali-Valuev fight...

Comment

Working...
                  X