Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think we can all agree that if Mayweather-Cotto happens it will be a disgrace.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
    I think it's a disgrace to fight for the middleweight title at 155 and fighting 152 for the Jr middle weight title. In my eyes those who fight catch weights for titles are not the Champs and this includes Pacquiao's 145 pound and 150 jr middle title
    You dare question Pac's 8 division titles??

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
      Have no issue with this fight, other than it's not Mayweather-Pacquiao.
      Great way of looking at it. Without a doubt I'd much rather have May/Pac, if I can't have it this will just have to do.

Comment

According to 80% of Boxingscene everything Floyd does is a disgrace....the man could beat the devil himself and afterwards you'll say he waited til the devil was 999999999999999 years old so it doesn't count.

Comment

Yeah Floyd, Team Pac and TR are fooling the fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
            Let's do the math... Canelo didn't win a round and Mosley won 1 round. Cotto won at least 3 according to 2 of the judges. He's already 2 ahead from those guys. Judah only won 2 rounds and you're basically even. Oscar won 3 rounds, Cotto did better than Oscar but DLH was given credit for swinging and missing a lot, Cotto didn't get that luxury. Throwing Oscar was a bit of a stretch but Cotto won as many rounds as Shane, Canelo and Judah and Hatton as well. That isn't bull**** it's fact.

Maidana ate a cookie that's your counter? I'm not sure what Cotto losing to Trout has to do with anything because nowhere did I mention a triangle theory. I have to remind myself how uneducated people are on this site, because I never mentioned a triangle theory. All I said is that May has problems with guys who smother him and not box him. It's not different than saying Manny only struggles with boxers, it's just a fact not a triangle theory. Your best examples of guys giving Floyd problems are a loss of 6 rounds in 4-5 fights. My example is 2 potential losses and by Floyds admission the toughest fight of his life. There's only one style that gives Floyd problems and it's not a boxer.
            See now you're being disrespectful like a real pu$$y on a forum does. But I'll be the bigger man and ignore it.
            Again you use BS to try to sell your opinions. Here are facts if you believe that smother him is the effective method, but then say Cotto did this the best. Cotto scored the least amount of rounds when it comes to those type of fighters. Yet you claim he won the most rounds. I'll help you to remember.

Scores vs Floyd:
            Cotto= 118-110 117-111 117-111
            Canelo= 116-112 114-114 117-111
            Guerrero = 117-111 117-111 117-111
            Maidana= 116- 114 116-111 115-112

Cotto won the least amount of rounds vs Mayweather recently. These are facts, not my opinion. So now lets here your opinion.
            Just for fun Judah also did better and is the only fighter to make Mayweather touch the canvas scores were 119-109 116-112 117-111. And Judah is a mental midget. If he was a tough guy he coud have won that night. Speed troubles Floyd that's why he prefers Cottos of this world.

Comment

Originally posted by torosboxing75 View Post
              See now you're being disrespectful like a real pu$$y on a forum does. But I'll be the bigger man and ignore it.
              Again you use BS to try to sell your opinions. Here are facts if you believe that smother him is the effective method, but then say Cotto did this the best. Cotto scored the least amount of rounds when it comes to those type of fighters. Yet you claim he won the most rounds. I'll help you to remember.

Scores vs Floyd:
              Cotto= 118-110 117-111 117-111
              Canelo= 116-112 114-114 117-111
              Guerrero = 117-111 117-111 117-111
              Maidana= 116- 114 116-111 115-112

Cotto won the least amount of rounds vs Mayweather recently. These are facts, not my opinion. So now lets here your opinion.
              Just for fun Judah also did better and is the only fighter to make Mayweather touch the canvas scores were 119-109 116-112 117-111. And Judah is a mental midget. If he was a tough guy he coud have won that night. Speed troubles Floyd that's why he prefers Cottos of this world.
              Did you really post scores of the Canelo fight? So you think Bradley beat Manny the first time, or that Lara actually lost to Paul Williams? Maybe you think Manny won the third fight with JMM as well? Some scorecards are about as relevant as compubox, they're pretty much useless.

What makes your scorecard comment even more comical is that it adds relevance to my argument in that people who ATTACK Floyd and not box him are who give him problems. This is why I posted fights of boxers only, Canelo is easily the more egregious of those cards and really irrelevant you have to admit that. But Maidana and Guerrero were all over Floyd, or at least tried and that's my point. Those guys do well against Floyd, not a boxer like Judah, Mosley, JMM and anyone else who ever tried to box with Floyd. If you compare them with someone who bullied Floyd or tried to, the bully did better. This is why a fight with Khan would be one sided and boring until Khan took a nap.

Speed troubles Floyd is your argument for Floyd/Khan. Forgive me for thinking an older/slower Floyd and a better and improved Cotto makes for a better match up following Floyds toughest fight comment. Floyd doesn't want to fight Cotto, he has no choice if he doesn't fight Manny. How easily we forgot that the only reason we are even in this position in the first place is because lost 1.5 million viewers each time he fought Maidana instead of Canelo. Showtime isn't letting the Al Haymon way of boxing fly anymore, it's Pac or Cotto for Floyd by Showtimes say not his choice.

Comment

Did you really post scores of the Canelo fight? So you think Bradley beat Manny the first time, or that Lara actually lost to Paul Williams? Maybe you think Manny won the third fight with JMM as well? Some scorecards are about as relevant as compubox, they're pretty much useless.

What makes your scorecard comment even more comical is that it adds relevance to my argument in that people who ATTACK Floyd and not box him are who give him problems. This is why I posted fights of boxers only, Canelo is easily the more egregious of those cards and really irrelevant you have to admit that. But Maidana and Guerrero were all over Floyd, or at least tried and that's my point. Those guys do well against Floyd, not a boxer like Judah, Mosley, JMM and anyone else who ever tried to box with Floyd. If you compare them with someone who bullied Floyd or tried to, the bully did better. This is why a fight with Khan would be one sided and boring until Khan took a nap.

Speed troubles Floyd is your argument for Floyd/Khan. Forgive me for thinking an older/slower Floyd and a better and improved Cotto makes for a better match up following Floyds toughest fight comment. Floyd doesn't want to fight Cotto, he has no choice if he doesn't fight Manny. How easily we forgot that the only reason we are even in this position in the first place is because lost 1.5 million viewers each time he fought Maidana instead of Canelo. Showtime isn't letting the Al Haymon way of boxing fly anymore, it's Pac or Cotto for Floyd by Showtimes say not his choice.
                So now you're saying I shouldn't use score cards but that's exactly what you did to prove your point in the beginning. Here remember this?
                You said: "Cotto won at least 3 according to 2 of the judges". Only when it fits your agenda or what. lol!

Comment

Originally posted by torosboxing75 View Post
                  So now you're saying I shouldn't use score cards but that's exactly what you did to prove your point in the beginning. Here remember this?
                  You said: "Cotto won at least 3 according to 2 of the judges". Only when it fits your agenda or what. lol!
                  Most people thought those cards were too wide, I still used the legit scorecards. I didn't say Cotto won 4 or 5 or 6 rounds which some of press row thought he won. Quite a few actually. Those are the scorecards I take a lot more stock in than judges, it's a much bigger sample and they don't have any pressure to make the right decision. So they didn't fit my agenda it was just what the majority of the judges thought of that fight. That Cotto won 3 rounds, how is that fitting my agenda? I didn't cover up that 2 judges and not all 3 thought that either.

Anyway, this has nothing to do with that fact that still, USING SCORECARDS from the JUDGES of the ACTUAL fight, people who boxed Floyd like Khan would do, have done considerably worse than people who pressured Floyd. That was my point in the first place that Cotto even if he is slower than Khan, would be a tougher and more entertaining fight than if Floyd were to fight Khan. I then basically stated "look at the previous scorecards and compare" and you said it was a triangle theory, lol.

Comment

May/Khan really? I don't understand some of you boxing fans, you rather see "new" than competitive. People are tired of seeing Manny vs JMM, I don't remember these complaints when SRR and Jake LaMotta fought 5 times. I don't care if Manny and JMM fight again, why? Because it'll be a great fight like it always is and any guy can win.

Is there really an question who is going to win in a Floyd/Khan fight? Cotto will probably be an underdog again but he has as good a chance as anybody Floyd has a realistic chance in fighting. I don't care if Floyd wins or loses I just want to see him tested and fight through adversity. That WILL happen with Cotto whether he wins or loses, it won't happen at all with Khan.
                    I just rather watch somebody else fight Floyd. I do not like a Khan fight but prefer it over a Cotto fight. Cotto fought Floyd with the same skills that he has now. He was throwing to the body every chance he got and still lost. It will be the same fight again unless Floyd gets old overnight.

Comment

Most people thought those cards were too wide, I still used the legit scorecards. I didn't say Cotto won 4 or 5 or 6 rounds which some of press row thought he won. Quite a few actually. Those are the scorecards I take a lot more stock in than judges, it's a much bigger sample and they don't have any pressure to make the right decision. So they didn't fit my agenda it was just what the majority of the judges thought of that fight. That Cotto won 3 rounds, how is that fitting my agenda? I didn't cover up that 2 judges and not all 3 thought that either.

Anyway, this has nothing to do with that fact that still, USING SCORECARDS from the JUDGES of the ACTUAL fight, people who boxed Floyd like Khan would do, have done considerably worse than people who pressured Floyd. That was my point in the first place that Cotto even if he is slower than Khan, would be a tougher and more entertaining fight than if Floyd were to fight Khan. I then basically stated "look at the previous scorecards and compare" and you said it was a triangle theory, lol.
                      I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. You say Cotto has gotten better. Most the boxing public don't think Rodriguez or handy cap Martinez is enough to say he's better. On the other hand most of the boxing public agrees Floyd looks better under his father again. Again Judah was doing great against Floyd but he's a mental midget and gets hurt easy specifically to the body. Cotto broke Judah down to the balls before breaking his body. Khan straight up beat Judah down and stopped him to the body without any dirty tactics.
                      IMO Judah is the fastest fighter Floyd has ever fought. Khan is faster then Judah IMO. After Khan, Judah beat Vernon Paris and then almost pulled the upset on Danny Garcia.

Comment

Working...
                      X