Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Wilder the most athletic HW of all time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Deontay Wilder what you Americans class as athletic? No wonder you guys suck at sports.

Comment

Originally posted by Monaco View Post
      So Deontay Wilder what you Americans class as athletic? No wonder you guys suck at sports.
      he isn't athletic

are you serious?

i wish the mods here did their jobs.

Comment

This guy is ******ed.

Ali
        Holyfield
        Tyson
        Wlad
        The list goes on and on.

They're all athletes who all excelled at their sport. Playing high school sports and winning one good fight doesn't make you a better athlete than the leaders of the sport. You're honestly the dumbest mother****er on here.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
          This guy is ******ed.

Ali
          Holyfield
          Tyson
          Wlad
          The list goes on and on.

They're all athletes who all excelled at their sport. Playing high school sports and winning one good fight doesn't make you a better athlete than the leaders of the sport. You're honestly the dumbest mother****er on here.
          we all love the GOAT, but Ali was not more athletic than Wilder, even if he worked as hard to be, they didn't have the technology and knowledge back then than we do now, Wilder has pretty much A+ genetics, which I think was the OP's point

Tyson and Holyfield were built like brick ****houses but being incredibly muscular doesn't mean you're "athletic", usually it's the opposite

Comment

Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
            we all love the GOAT, but Ali was not more athletic than Wilder, even if he worked as hard to be, they didn't have the technology and knowledge back then than we do now, Wilder has pretty much A+ genetics, which I think was the OP's point

Tyson and Holyfield were built like brick ****houses but being incredibly muscular doesn't mean you're "athletic", usually it's the opposite
            I'm not disputing he's a good athlete, I like wilder, I was screaming at the tv all fight rooting for him. But merely playing high school sports and being an above athlete average heavyweight doesn't trump being a legendary boxer. They're all athletes, one guy is good at other sports and very good at boxing. The other names I mentioned are masters of their athletic endeavours.

Comment

Wow...Even the old-timers are getting diminished to elevate Wilder.
              I never thought I would see the day.

A+ genetics? What the hell is up with all this worship? You say that muscles don't matter with athleticism, but it seems like that's what you're basing it on for Wilder, cause I didn't see anything that screamed "athletic" in this fight. Slow, sloppy fight.

Comment

He took a lot of rounds off though. I think he needs to work a little bit on pacing, but I think he is a freak athlete. He looks like he could play in the NBA and NFL.

Comment

Wlad's left testicle is more athletic than this dude. Haye's inflamed toe would tap dance rings around Wilder before putting him out cold.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
                    This guy is ******ed.

Ali
                    Holyfield
                    Tyson
                    Wlad
                    The list goes on and on.

Holyfield found boxing by pure chance, it was in his biography.

He excelled at Football at the YMCA, one day he came upon a boxing class there, started boxing. Had a lot of success as he was insanely athletic, the rest is history.

These days those boxing programs don't exist, no more Holyfields.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
                      He took a lot of rounds off though. I think he needs to work a little bit on pacing, but I think he is a freak athlete. He looks like he could play in the NBA and NFL.
                      He did take some rounds off, but ask yourself, who could take those punches consistently? Who can take those hundreds of power punches breaking through their guard, rocking them with every hit, for 6+ rounds?

Stiverne took a beating, that's what tired Wilder out, all those punches. Many guys couldn't last with Wilder.

Comment

Working...
                      X