Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Wilder the most athletic HW of all time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by glenn mcrory View Post
    Wow...Even the old-timers are getting diminished to elevate Wilder.
    I never thought I would see the day.

A+ genetics? What the hell is up with all this worship? You say that muscles don't matter with athleticism, but it seems like that's what you're basing it on for Wilder, cause I didn't see anything that screamed "athletic" in this fight. Slow, sloppy fight.
    Lol, where do you think Wilder's power comes from? It's explosiveness, fast twitch fibers located throughout his entire body. Unless you consistently watch sports like basketball/football, you'll probably have a hard time distinguishing between what explosiveness looks/doesn't look like and who has it.

Footwork, Waist/head movement (Wilder barely got touched today), reflexes, reaction time, swinging your arms, etc. all these things help in boxing.

Throwing has some of the same mechanics as throwing a punch, humans evolved to throw items, not really punches. When a guy has fast twitch muscle fibers they're gonna punch fast, and with that size, it's gonna hit hard.

Comment

are you kidding me he fought a bum ..stiverne was gassed out in round 4 lol..he threw sloppy punches..just look at his fat stomach..it was a mismatch from the start..beating areola doesn't make you the HW champion..wladimir rapes wilder and the other bum who lost in the same night

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
        Holyfield found boxing by pure chance, it was in his biography.

He excelled at Football at the YMCA, one day he came upon a boxing class there, started boxing. Had a lot of success as he was insanely athletic, the rest is history.

These days those boxing programs don't exist, no more Holyfields.
        ???

How does Holyfield going to a YMCA as a child explain how Wilder is the most athletic heavyweight boxer of all time?

Comment

Wilder didn't look any better than old Vitali did against Stiverne class opponents.

Comment

Go home, jerk off, and reevaluate your life.

Comment

Ken Norton was a crazy multi-sport athelete.

Comment

Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
                we all love the GOAT, but Ali was not more athletic than Wilder, even if he worked as hard to be, they didn't have the technology and knowledge back then than we do now, Wilder has pretty much A+ genetics, which I think was the OP's point

Tyson and Holyfield were built like brick ****houses but being incredibly muscular doesn't mean you're "athletic", usually it's the opposite
                Are you serious?

Comment

Originally posted by 80sFighter View Post
                  ???

How does Holyfield going to a YMCA as a child explain how Wilder is the most athletic heavyweight boxer of all time?
                  It shows how Holyfied could've taken a different path, that HW's are playing football/basketball. Same way Stiverne/Wilder could've both been football players, Jennings, Lewis, etc.

Prime example of how these sports are taking all our heavies.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
                    Lol, where do you think Wilder's power comes from? It's explosiveness, fast twitch fibers located throughout his entire body. Unless you consistently watch sports like basketball/football, you'll probably have a hard time distinguishing between what explosiveness looks/doesn't look like and who has it.

Footwork, Waist/head movement (Wilder barely got touched today), reflexes, reaction time, swinging your arms, etc. all these things help in boxing.

Throwing has some of the same mechanics as throwing a punch, humans evolved to throw items, not really punches. When a guy has fast twitch muscle fibers they're gonna punch fast, and with that size, it's gonna hit hard.
                    Jesus Christ dude! What a cuckold. There is no way you can be this much of a worshipping loser in real life. I feel bad for your gf. "You deserve better than me. You should be with Deontay Wilder. He has fast twitch muscle fibers." :lol:

lol at all this fast twitch muscle fiber football pseudo science garbage. Football/Basketball are ****ing national sports. It's in their damn name, though I'm not sure you were intelligent enough to even notice that. lol At people here trying to say that there are better athletes in a national sport over an international one. I find it funny how when boxing was a national sport, it was the most beloved sport in the US and football played second fiddle. Now that there are international challengers and the foothold of the US on the boxing scene has all but vanished, now the sport is niche, sucks, and the real athletes are in football, a national sport full of fat, roided out "tough guys" that move for a total time of about 10 minutes in a three-hour match. lol

Comment

When I say a fighter has incredible athleticism that constitutes speed for me, particularly speed of foot.

Wilder clearly had faster feet than stiverne but I wouldn't say his that his foot speed is better than the Roy jones that fought ruiz

Comment

Working...
                      X