Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Adrien Broner fighting John Molina who has lost 4 of his past 7?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
    Shouldn't Adrien Broner be taking on one of the contenders at 140 instead of a faded journeyman?

Molina has lost 3 of his past 5, and 4 of his past 7 fights.
    Broner is still in the rebuilding stage after the Maidana loss. He is not ready for prime time fighters yet. In my opinion, he will never be ready for prime time fighters because he is not that good. However, I expect to see him against a top 10 fighter like Matthysse or the winner of Garcia/Peterson in his next fight later this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
      All I'm saying is that before you call a fighter the next Floyd, make sure he can beat a guy like PDL.
      He's a clown. Can't understand why they acted like he was some ultra-talented, natural fighter. Maybe if he studied the sport instead of Floyd he might become good. Im with Dan -- I hope he wins and gets Matthysse.

Comment

Molina is in reality a 140 pound version of Gabe Rosado that has more power and is not quite as tough.

Those guys make for good TV and don't need to win every time out to get back on the air just make a good showing.

Broner is the better fighter but it is not like Molina will not have his moments and it could be a really good fight which ends up benefiting both guys.

Plus this is the co-feature Molina is a solid guy who is on the right pay scale.

Comment

Broner is going to get ko'd I think, don't see why Molina is a bad opponent this pretty evenly matched since Broner is no established world class fighter.

Comment

......its free on tv.....why not?

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
              Shouldn't Adrien Broner be taking on one of the contenders at 140 instead of a faded journeyman?

Molina has lost 3 of his past 5, and 4 of his past 7 fights.
              Is Broner a world champion or something? I believe he lost just two fights ago. Is he allowed to rebuild himself slowly, or is he supposed to jump right back in with Terrance Crawford or Danny Garcia?

Doesn't Pac usually fight fighters coming off of losses?

Comment

Originally posted by malcolm View Post
                Is Broner a world champion or something? I believe he lost just two fights ago. Is he allowed to rebuild himself slowly, or is he supposed to jump right back in with Terrance Crawford or Danny Garcia?

Doesn't Pac usually fight fighters coming off of losses?
                "Just" 2 fights ago? That's like a lifetime for a young belt-seeking boxer.

Broner is pickin cherries face it, Molina is not good. He is a wild sloppy fighter who freezes and stands still a lot.

Comment

Cause he's the CAN man...as in tomatoe...

Comment

Originally posted by 80sFighter View Post
                    "Just" 2 fights ago? That's like a lifetime for a young belt-seeking boxer.

Broner is pickin cherries face it, Molina is not good. He is a wild sloppy fighter who freezes and stands still a lot.
                    I'll play your game.

If Broner is a cherry picker then name a few boxers that are not cherry pickers in your book.

IMO, cherry picking is consistently fighting guys that are coming off LOSSES.

Key word: consistently.

Comment

Carl Froch, Tim Bradley, B-Hop, Povetkin, not cherry pickers

Klitschko too but he's so above everyone else no matter who he fights people whine

Extreme cherry pickers: Cotto, Haye

Broner started out strong but I think Maidana made him realize he better play it safe for a while. Yep Molina is a safe opponent. At Broner's age he should be desperate to climb back into big fights ASAP.
                      Last edited by ////; 01-15-2015, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X