Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Guillermo Rigondeaux Too Small To Fight At 126?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
    2nd option, his promotional team is a congregation of idiots.
    I think they changed their approach, and it's working.

They have been making quite some noise his name is mentioned more often, even if it is to discredit him.

After all Floyd has made millions because he is "hated", in a way I'm glad that more and more people begin to hate Rigo and want to see him lose.

At the end of the day what I want is to watch great fights, and even if Rigo was to lose (and I'm a fan of his) ... well, that's life.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Bomber View Post
      I think they changed their approach, and it's working.

They have been making quite some noise his name is mentioned more often, even if it is to discredit him.

After all Floyd has made millions because he is "hated", in a way I'm glad that more and more people begin to hate Rigo and want to see him lose.

At the end of the day what I want is to watch great fights, and even if Rigo was to lose (and I'm a fan of his) ... well, that's life.
      I want Rigo to do well and get his just deserves. The man is an incredible talent that has been mishandled by his promoters, sad to see. Perhaps Japan has a new home for him but he needs to hurry up and make as much as he can, he is getting quite old and he may be running out of time here soon. Japan paid a hefty amount for his showing but I don't think they are willing to put up that type of money on regular basis, perhaps they'll call on Rigo to dismantle their fighters once a year during their New Years Boxing extravaganza.

Anyway, finally a good post.

Comment

It's funny how here everyone wants fighter A to come down move up in weight class like it was really that easy. You can try to make rigo look bad by saying he won't move up but you can pretty much say that about anyone not wanting to move up in weight

Comment

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
          Defending Leo? Are you a f#cking idiot? I despise him and what he stands for, until he actually steps up he is a waste of talent and time.

You said it yourself, he has plenty of competition at 122 but no one is running to fight him. So you are pleased to see him fight the Kokietgym's and Amagasa's of the world over actual talent? Going up in weight seems like the only obvious answer and his skills and abilities can help him cope with the size disadvantage like it did against Donaire and Amagasa. Seriously, get your sh#t together before coming at me sideways.
          Well the Fighters in Japan at 122 are calling him out, they have the BALLS TO FIGHT HIM!

This BS that because nobody wants to fight you in the Division you're the best in, you should move up is just flat out LAUGHABLE! And what fans are doing is basically ACCEPTING the fact that Contenders don't want to fight the very best and they're getting a PASS when it is suggested that GGG, Rigondeaux, Ward should "CHANGE WEIGHT CLASS BECAUSE THEIR TOO GOOD FOR THEIR CURRENT WEIGHT AND NOBODY WANTS TO FIGHT THEM".
          Last edited by sicko; 01-14-2015, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Donaire is bigger than Rigo and he was crushed at 126, he was too small. It would be worse for Rigo. He won't get KO'ed like Donaire but he would lose and won't hurt anyone up there.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
              Well the Fighters in Japan at 122 are calling him out, they have the BALLS TO FIGHT HIM!

This BS that because nobody wants to fight you in the Division you're the best in, you should move up is just flat out LAUGHABLE! And what fans are doing is basically ACCEPTING the fact that Contenders don't want to fight the very best and they're getting as PASS when it is suggested that GGG, Rigondeaux, Ward should "CHANGE WEIGHT CLASS BECAUSE THEIR TOO GOOD FOR THEIR CURRENT WEIGHT AND NOBODY WANTS TO FIGHT THEM".
              Name the Japanese fighters at 122 calling him out, go ahead... I'll wait. Shinsuke Yamanaka has been the only one and he is a Bantamweight WBC Champion, not a 122 lbs contender. However you said "fighters", which is more than one... point out the slew of Japanese fighters calling out Rigo, it shouldnt be too hard, there is supposedly many of them according to you.

Laughable because we are aware he is fighting no hopers and instead we want to see him face legit opposition? Ward is coming back and has done everything at 168 prior, some new faces are rising and he will be just fine at his weight. GGG is actually facing top 10 competition at his level althought they aren't the greatest in terms of skill, he is atleast taking on some decent names. Rigo is fighting Kokietgym and Amagasa for fcks sake Who the fck are they? They are just as bad as Leo's competition but since it doesn't fit your biased views it isn't a relevant issue in your book.

Right? Right. So keep bringing up how ridiculous it is to ask for a fighter to move up in weight to actually give the fans some decent fights before his career is over. He has the skill to neutralize bigger men and has done it before, "so cut the BS" and tell me why he doesn't move up.

Comment

No. But his stupid fans think he is, but its ironic because most of the rigo fans are fans of pacquaio too! Go figure.

Comment

Originally posted by wiz1030 View Post
                  If he fights and beats one of Walters or Donaire, he gets p4p #1 from me, fuck it.

That said, he has no business @ 126 especially with a big dude like walters. Rigo really belongs at 118. If he goes up and loses you guys will start talking ****e and he doesn't deserve it
                  Come on dawg. A Japanese ramen salesman, no kidding btw, part time boxer, almost Koed Rigo off a jab. If a serious puncher connects on Rigo he might never wake up again.

Rigo needs to go up one, and if he wants to be great he should go up two divisions. He should fight Walters and Lomachenko immediately, followed by Mikey Garcia at 130.

Comment

Originally posted by Heavyfist View Post
                    Come on dawg. A Japanese ramen salesman, no kidding btw, part time boxer, almost Koed Rigo off a jab. If a serious puncher connects on Rigo he might never wake up again.

Rigo needs to go up one, and if he wants to be great he should go up two divisions. He should fight Walters and Lomachenko immediately, followed by Mikey Garcia at 130.
                    Mikey moved up to 140.

Comment

I'd say physically too weak. Whilst extremely talented, I just don't believe he will hold up with the top guys in that weight class. He has good power but his style won't allow enough damage to a strong 126 pounders and his chin will let him down...for good.

Comment

Working...
                      X