No announcement yet.

GBP is in trouble if Oscar can't secure Cotto/Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GBP is in trouble if Oscar can't secure Cotto/Canelo

Seems things are going from bad to worse for Oscar right now. Lost a whole stable of fighters, couldn't secure a mayweather fight for Khan, can't seem to negotiate the second best fight in boxing and possibly can't even deliver Canelo the May 2nd date. I know it's early but for Oscar, securing that fight is what decides the fat of his company imo. They really can't survive losing Canelo and imo that's exactly what happens if that fight doesn't get made.

Originally posted by Bobby Shmurda View Post
    Seems things are going from bad to worse for Oscar right now. Lost a whole stable of fighters, couldn't secure a mayweather fight for Khan, can't seem to negotiate the second best fight in boxing and possibly can't even deliver Canelo the May 2nd date. I know it's early but for Oscar, securing that fight is what decides the fat of his company imo. They really can't survive losing Canelo and imo that's exactly what happens if that fight doesn't get made.
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .........................

Comment

This is the first megafight that Oscar has ever negotiated without Richard.

Team Cotto has done this before and they are smart. All they are doing is waiting for Floyd to make his move so they don't end up going head to head with the biggest draw in the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
        This is the first megafight that Oscar has ever negotiated without Richard.

Team Cotto has done this before and they are smart. All they are doing is waiting for Floyd to make his move so they don't end up going head to head with the biggest draw in the sport.
        I agree that team Cotto is playing their cards perfectly and I still believe the fight happens. Though Oscar seems to be having a hard time with it all, this is baptism by fire for his company with Jim at the helm.

Comment

Man i wonder what the difference in $ offers is for with Canelo and Floyd. A rematch with floyd probably brings in 10 mill

Comment

No they're not.

What if Canelo ends up fighting GGG and Mayweather fights Pac? Cotto will be going back to his usual tune ups routine.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Shmurda View Post
              Wasn't it Haymon who had to pay Oscar to let Schaeffer out of his no-compete clause? Oh that's right it was. Oscar just got a check for well over 10 million according to Dan Rafel and he given Oscar was suing for 50 million he probably got at least half.

Not exactly sure how Oscar is in trouble.

Comment

Floyd is pulling a LeBron. He's holding the whole boxing world hostage until he makes his decision.

Comment

Cotto's making sure he's maximizing that retirement check. He's irrelevant after his next fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
                    No they're not.

What if Canelo ends up fighting GGG and Mayweather fights Pac? Cotto will be going back to his usual tune ups routine.
                    canelo figts ggg?? lol his star would be offically fallen.

Comment

Working...
                    X