No announcement yet.

NBC fighters are not exclusive to NBC.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    I suspect Showtime will be the PPV outlet. Haymon has over 100 fighters. They'll get their share of bouts.
    This.......

Comment

I suspect Showtime will be the PPV outlet. Haymon has over 100 fighters. They'll get their share of bouts.
      That still sucks though, because boxing is why I have Showtime. If they aren't going to have marquee fights on Showtime, what is the point to having it at all?

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
        That still sucks though, because boxing is why I have Showtime. If they aren't going to have marquee fights on Showtime, what is the point to having it at all?
        Im sure they will. But they can't be too happy about this. I think we're missing a few details from this NBC deal.

Comment

I am pumped to hear Al Micheals call fights again, he is better at it than Lampley by far.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
            I am pumped to hear Al Micheals call fights again, he is better at it than Lampley by far.
            I feel like Lampley has gotten worse over the last few years. Then all the crying too, wtf is up with that?

Comment

It was actually first brought up in the SI article on Haymon that NBC would have fighter exclusivity - the question is what does exclusivity mean? And Campbell had a follow-up:

Comment

Im sure they will. But they can't be too happy about this. I think we're missing a few details from this NBC deal.
                Ya I'm not too sure about using showtime for ppv, the numbers have been awful and who out there is even ppv worthy?
                I feel like Lampley has gotten worse over the last few years. Then all the crying too, wtf is up with that?
                Hbo has terrible commentary, they literally talk over each other. There's no play by play, just opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
                  Ya I'm not too sure about using showtime for ppv, the numbers have been awful and who out there is even ppv worthy?

Hbo has terrible commentary, they literally talk over each other. There's no play by play, just opinions.
                  HBO's commentary isn't great but you don't need play-by-play as much anymore. You need analysis this isn't the days of the radio only it's a TV broadcast where you can see what is going on. You don't need someone to tell you every move.

Comment

I have listened to him for so long, I am also not a big believer in the 3 man both with Max. Lampley with a curmudgeonly bloodthirsty old man provides balance, Lampley with a guy who is alright and is fairly observant in fights but loves to be positive.

So it just becomes a lovefest because Roy loves himself a guy in every fight and Andre Ward while a really good commentator and the most balanced of them all he just isn't opinionated enough to overcome the other two plus he is the new guy.

No balance anymore on the HBO crew.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post

Depends. If they build their fighters properly on NBC, who knows? I could see Garcia or Thurman -- or even Broner still -- developing into a star.

Comment

Working...
                      X