Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roach: "In a couple more fights Golovkin will be the best PFP fighter in the world"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roach: "In a couple more fights Golovkin will be the best PFP fighter in the world"

2:25

High praise. It's not long ago that Freddie said he hadn't seen much of Golovkin, but clearly he's had a look and rated what he's seen.

Golovkin is the future of the sport. Forget Canelo, he isn't as good as Golovkin. Period.

Comment

True, we've had a couple of good interviews from Freddie recently.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaryu View Post
        True, we've had a couple of good interviews from Freddie recently.
        because he's not trying to hype up a fight lmao

Comment

I hope GGG lands a fight against Canelo in the near future. That would help his career a lot in terms of popularity and that would be a good win too - probably the best win on his resume (if he wins) - , otherwise he may have to move up to 168 (Ward?) because there's nobody at 160 that would make him #1 P4P and/or a superstar, no matter how impressive he looks against these guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Loque-san View Post
            I hope GGG lands a fight against Canelo in the near future. That would help his career a lot in terms of popularity and that would be a good win too - probably the best win on his resume (if he wins) - , otherwise he may have to move up to 168 (Ward?) because there's nobody at 160 that would make him #1 P4P and/or a superstar, no matter how impressive he looks against these guys.
            Imo it shouldn't be considered the best win, because Canelo has done the square root of naff all at 160. Maybe if he gets a couple of good wins over top MWs.

Personally I don't really care if Golovkin is popular or rated PFP #1, I just found it interesting how highly an experienced rival trainer rated him.

Comment

Doubt it. Whom of note has he beaten?

It's funny that people are willing and ready to elevate him to status as best pound for pound fighter. Wlad has been doing more than him, for nearly a decade, and few people, who are being serious, would consider him p4p no. 1

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
                Doubt it. Who of note has he beaten?
                Give it time. He stops Canelo and Cotto.

He will unify 160 and move to 168; beat Ward unless Kovalev gets to Ward first (assuming Ward moves up like he said he would a couple years ago)

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                  Golovkin is the future of the sport. Forget Canelo, he isn't as good as Golovkin. Period.
                  Canelo is 24, Golovkin 32.

Comment

I think this is big coming from what most consider the best trainer in the world... Especially considering GGG isn't trained by Freddy.

Comment

Working...
                    X