No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward Announces Deal With Roc Nation Sports

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by davidandrei View Post
    im not exactly hating, just skeptical but what are these music guys doing in boxing? Is it just because they got to the top of their music game and saw how business can be done and decided to do it to boxing because it could work also? I'm not complaining now because im interested in seeing how these guys affect boxing.

it just seems like haymon decided one day to take over boxing and jay-z decided well I like boxing too. don't haymon and jayz have history?
    Jay was just in the sports business.... was signing other athletes before this. Shoot Durant, Megatron and Suh are all his I think

Comment

Ward vs Sartison / Truax back on track

Comment

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
        Finally GGG can whoop this fools ass. I give Ward a lot of **** but it's good to see this finally happen. Sadly, he probably won't be fighitng for at least another 6 months.

Side note: WTF is Andre on crack? He is way too skinny in that pic that was posted with him and Jay-Z.

Comment

Originally posted by HEND View Post
          How am I mad lol? I'm actually glad Andre is fighting he's a boxer, or so he claims to be, he should be fighting. He also signed with a real businessmen not Al Haymon, it's good news all around. I'm not sure where you even got that I was mad.
          Last edited by Beater_of_ass; 01-09-2015, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
            Jay was just in the sports business.... was signing other athletes before this. Shoot Durant, Megatron and Suh are all his I think
            and he seems to be a genuine boxing fan... I mean, he even mentioned Pacquiao on one of his songs back in '09

I really hope this endeavor works out for Jay Z and it improves the quality of fights we get as fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
              Golovkin has to find a new hiding spot now. War Ward!
              Glovokin too small doe.

Comment

Didn't know Roc Nation signed commentators

Comment

Originally posted by SergioMartinez View Post
                  Glovokin too small doe.
                  Andre is too small for 175 doe.

Comment

Originally posted by chrismart83 View Post
                    Ward vs Sartison / Truax back on track
                    Truax w/ Haymon so no.

But if HBO is unwilling to pay Ward's guarantee for a couple of tune up fights, maybe they'll let him fight on FOX?

In fact have a Ward & Rigo double header on FOX, lets say March 14th...

Comment

Good look for RocNation.

Comment

Working...
                      X