No announcement yet.

Stop this Rigondeaux hype

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kiDynamite92 View Post
    Dude what else is he meant to do? Also the p4p number 1's performance against that slow plodder that Khan and Alexander already beat up wasn't half as convincing as Rigos victories this year.
    I agree that guys like Cruz are less than willing to fight him but Frampton's team said earlier this year they would like to fight Rigo but it would be in their back yard and on their terms, that's more than fair considering Rigo can barely get a name to face him and can't even draw. Rigo has to stop acting like he is a star since beating Donaire, cos he isn't.

In terms of p4p no. 1 there really isn't a true contender or name worthy of the title since pre-JMM IV Pacquiao. No one has grabbed that brass ring, GGG, Loma, Wlad, Pacquiao, Khan...if they have the year they might do in 2015 could lay claim to that title but for me, its vacant. And Rigo is far from that position in all honesty.

Like I've said for a while, the p4p list is dead at the moment.

Comment

• Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
      He is nowhere close to being an atg man..he is not even close to being a hall of famer
      why not????????? 2 time gold medalist, unified super bantam champ (WBO, WBA super and Ring belt), a very good resume (donaire, cordoba, ramos, agbeko, marroquin, kokietgym, a****sa, etc.), elite master boxing skill and IQ, top p4p'er

Comment

• Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
        He is a career featherweight and outweighed him by Christ knows what. It was not just height. A****sa dwarfed an already tiny Rigondeaux. He is naturally far bigger.
        Maybe his opponent was taller and put on a few more pounds after the weigh in, I don't know how many but its really not important because it happens in most fights in most divisions, its nothing new to boxing and happens every week, making weight at the weigh in is all that matters but you say the guy is a career featherweight so does that mean he was drained and Rigo gets no credit for the win? help me understand how it works around here.

Im not here to **** on Rigo, the way I see it he overcame the knockdowns and continued on to win, you have to respect that. Im just tired of all the excuses around here most times if a guy drops a division to fight he is drained or if a guy goes up a division hes blown up but in this case he dwarfed Rigo. If the man was as big as you let on Rigo wouldn't have won the fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
          why not????????? 2 time gold medalist, unified super bantam champ (WBO, WBA super and Ring belt), a very good resume (donaire, cordoba, ramos, agbeko, marroquin, kokietgym, a****sa, etc.), elite master boxing skill and IQ

rigondeaux is better than floyd and manny p4p.
          No he isnt man..both have proven more and beaten better fighters and have a deeper resume..come on..I love Rigo but he is no ATG and not a hall of famer ...Ya'll throw the word ATG around to easily on here

Comment

• Given that it was a counterpuncher-counterpuncher match up, the Donaire fight probably exaggerated where he was at relative to other fighters P4P. A bit like Floyd-JMM or Lara-Trout.

But it's still fairly obvious that he's incredibly talented. Getting dropped by a guy 7 inches taller than him doesn't change that.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                Given that it was a counterpuncher-counterpuncher match up, the Donaire fight probably exaggerated where he was at relative to other fighters P4P. A bit like Floyd-JMM or Lara-Trout.

But it's still fairly obvious that he's incredibly talented. Getting dropped by a guy 7 inches taller than him doesn't change that.
                What does height have to do with anything?

Comment

• Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
                  Rigo deserves the hype

Comment

• [QUOTE=titan m;15240937]Maybe his opponent was taller and put on a few more pounds after the weigh in, I don't know how many but its really not important because it happens in most fights in most divisions, its nothing new to boxing and happens every week, making weight at the weigh in is all that matters but you say the guy is a career featherweight so does that mean he was drained and Rigo gets no credit for the win? help me understand how it works around here.

Im not here to **** on Rigo, the way I see it he overcame the knockdowns and continued on to win, you have to respect that. Im just tired of all the excuses around here most times if a guy drops a division to fight he is drained or if a guy goes up a division hes blown up but in this case he dwarfed Rigo. If the man was as big as you let on Rigo wouldn't have won the fight.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, he would have.

Simply put, his far superior skills beat A****sa's far superior size.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                      Why not meet halfway, 124? Or is Lomachenko still not ready like he admitted before?

The problem with most fans is all they seem to look at is power and chins like its the be all and end all of boxing. Not that Lomachenko is even a puncher.
                      The guy gets hit with half a dozen shots in a few rounds whilst giving up almost 7" height and 4 in reach and suddenly his defense isn't upto scratch, ey?

Rigo will tap that kids ass and all these lot hyping Lomachenko will suddenly make excuses about weight, he wasn't ready or claim he was a hypejob that beat nobody despite saying he was this monster that would K.O Rigo prior.

If Loma wants the fight all he has to do is say. Rigo will fight anybody, anytime, anywhere.
                      If you think Lomachenko is ready for the fight, you're sadly mistaken. Rigo will torch that kid.
                      Seriously, Rigo went multiple rounds without getting touched with anything effective. But his defense isn't good now?

Comment

Working...
                      X