No announcement yet.

Pacquiao Attorney Franklin Gacal Says Bob Arum Is Blocking the May-Pac Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Victorious713 View Post
    Thats not true, Manny has always been regarded as the underdog in that fight. Not sure if vegas ever had Manny over Floyd. The luster of the fight is these two, pound for pound kings, actually fighting each other. The narrative being painted is "Floyd is scared of Manny" not "Manny will beat Floyd".

They just put on a fight in China vs an unknown in Algeri. Manny will be fine if he loses. Losing to Floyd is not worst than getting KTFO by Marquez.
    The bolded part is true and thats why he will lose his luster.

Yes itll be huge but if Manny loses his PPV days are over. Other than him TR is dead in the water. I dont think Arum is worried about money. Hes worried about TR

Yes he has Crawford and Lemo but they are not even close to being ready yet. Bradley is not popular and just got a draw so Arum can A) keep Chavez relevant or B) have a future opponent for Bradley. Sorta like what he did with Bradley for Pac
    Last edited by Fetta; 12-31-2014, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
      Manny is supposed to be the "one" that beats Floyd. Been that way for years. He will lose all his luster if he doesnt win.
      This Is nonsense. He was knocked out cold for a good minute and a half or more by Marquez, If there was any luster to be lost, It was lost.

Comment

Because Manny never lost to Bradley via Decision or KTFO by Marquez? LOL. I would think getting KTFO by Marquez would hurt the "cash cow" more, than losing to the best fighter. I'm not buying this cash cow excuse. I would if Manny hadn't got KTFO
        Hmm. Think some more.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmt View Post
          This Is nonsense. He was knocked out cold for a good minute and a half or more by Marquez, If there was any luster to be lost, It was lost.
          It was lost but the one who knocked him out wasnt Floyd.

and that KO is still questioned by his fans

Most are in denial and none of them accept it
          Last edited by Fetta; 12-31-2014, 02:09 PM.

Comment

All this is nonsense. We all should know by now that Mayweather lost the May date. Specially for a Pacquiao fight because a fight of that magnitude takes more than a couple of months to promote and reserving a bigger venue is not that easy to do. 2nd Floyd himself has came out and said: "God first BUT (underline and bold BUT) I'm motivated by numbers." If you want big numbers, you got to go big! Another country (Arab Nations and a venue bigger than MGM). While the Cotto Canelo negotiations are almost complete.

Comment

It was lost but the one who knocked him out wasnt Floyd.

and that KO is still questioned by his fans

Most are in denial and none of them accept it
              I actually think you are the one who is confused. Manny has been in been wars already, he doesn't have anything to prove. He can lose the rest of his fights till retirement, he is already known to be past his best. He still has a following and whether you like it or not he is more acceptable mainstream.

Now, if Floyd ever lost all the crap you have been saying that will happen to Manny, that just might happen to Floyd. After Floyd retires, no one will care. If he is in the news hopefully it will not be negative.

Comment

Originally posted by Pony Boy View Post
                All this is nonsense. We all should know by now that Mayweather lost the May date. Specially for a Pacquiao fight because a fight of that magnitude takes more than a couple of months to promote and reserving a bigger venue is not that easy to do. 2nd Floyd himself has came out and said: "God first BUT (underline and bold BUT) I'm motivated by numbers." If you want big numbers, you got to go big! Another country (Arab Nations and a venue bigger than MGM). While the Cotto Canelo negotiations are almost complete.
                Arum is that you?

This fight needs no promotion.

Comment

Originally posted by clmags12 View Post
                  I actually think you are the one who is confused. Manny has been in been wars already, he doesn't have anything to prove. He can lose the rest of his fights till retirement, he is already known to be past his best. He still has a following and whether you like it or not he is more acceptable mainstream.

Now, if Floyd ever lost all the crap you have been saying that will happen to Manny, that just might happen to Floyd. After Floyd retires, no one will care. If he is in the news hopefully it will not be negative.
                  No, you are confused by what i wrote.

Never said if he loses his ATG card gets taken away

And yes if Floyd loses then the same goes for him

But Arum is currently the problem and this is why ithink he doesnt want fight

Comment

Arum is that you?

This fight needs no promotion.
                    Fetter I'm your father.

Comment

Thats not true, Manny has always been regarded as the underdog in that fight. Not sure if vegas ever had Manny over Floyd. The luster of the fight is these two, pound for pound kings, actually fighting each other. The narrative being painted is "Floyd is scared of Manny" not "Manny will beat Floyd".

They just put on a fight in China vs an unknown in Algeri. Manny will be fine if he loses. Losing to Floyd is not worst than getting KTFO by Marquez.
                      x2!!!!! bob is protecting his cash cow thats why bob threw pac in with marquez 4 times and had marquez put pac to sleep. so much for protecting his cash cow LOL.

Comment

Working...
                      X