No announcement yet.

Who would win GGG or Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who would win GGG or Mayweather?

If GGG goes down to his natural weight class to face mayweather?

I think GGG is smarter, more powerful, stronger, can take a shot better, and is close in terms of skill, speed and elusiveness might be a factor but GGG cuts of the ring like a pro, I think hes way too much for Mayweather to handle/cope with.
    Last edited by AlexKid; 12-31-2014, 12:11 AM.

Stop it, one's a hall of famer and the other's biggest win is against Marco Rubio.

Comment

It's not a fair fight. GGG would mangle mayweather. I'm not a fan of mayweather but even I don't wanna see that fight just so I see can mayweather lose because it's not a fair fight. GGG is too big and powerful for little floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by TRTboy View Post
        It's not a fair fight. GGG would mangle mayweather. I'm not a fan of mayweather but even I don't wanna see that fight just so I see can mayweather lose because it's not a fair fight. GGG is too big and powerful for little floyd.
        That is the only way you see Floyd lose

Comment

Gennady is too big for Lil Floyd.

Floyd would lay on the ropes and get his shoulder broken.

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post
            That is the only way you see Floyd lose
            Khan or pacman both have a good shot. Let's see if mayweather takes that speed test or go for another slow poke like danny garcia.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
              Gennady is too big for Lil Floyd.

Floyd would lay on the ropes and get his shoulder broken.
              Seriously I could see GGG dislocating mayweather's shoulders with one of his hooks. The size and strength difference would be ridiculous.

Comment

Floyd has the same shot against GGG at 160 that Marquez had when he moved up to fight Mayweather.

Comment

I always go with making them the same size. If GGG was a natural 147 pounder or Floyd was a natural 160 pounder, I go with Floyd hands down. They will never fight based on Floyd's size ceiling limit and GGG would never come down to 154 or 147 so the reality is a fantasy fight that should be based on both being the same size.

Comment

Originally posted by SonOfCuba View Post
                    Stop it, one's a hall of famer and the other's biggest win is against Marco Rubio.
                    Point taken (slightly -I'd arguehis best and biggest win is Daniel Geale, but Geale, Rubio, Macklin, Stevenson are all Bish level boxers/fringe top-10 type).

However, there are other dynamics at play other than just their records. One is aging, and at the very tail end of his prime; the other is in the heart of his prime.

One is a natural 160 pounder, although on the smaller side; the other could probaby still make 135.

One has some of the heaviest hands the sport has seen, pound for pound, in the last few decades... Who also happens to be an extremely accomplished amateur, and far from a one-sided power puncher/slugger.

So you, good sir, "stop it." This is a hell of an evenly matched fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X