Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are Cotto's Best wins.?? How do you rate his resume????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd also say Roman Gonzalez has a better resume than Cotto. Estrada, Yaegashi, Takayama, Rodriguez, Hirales.

Comment

Originally posted by Pugilist95 View Post
      Completely forgot about Marquez, Bradley and Froch. I'll concede on that point. I do think a case can be made for his resume being better than Khan though.

I agree cotto resume isn't all that, but Bradley doesn't have a better resume

Cotto-mayweather,pacquiao martinez,margarito,judah,paulie,trout,clottey is better than

Bradley-pacquiao,marquez,alexander,abregu,chaves,provodnik ov,casamayor,

Comment

Wlad also has a better resume. Thompson, Povetkin, Pulev, Chagaev, Ibragimov, and Haye.

Comment

Cotto is one of the best welter weights. If not for the Margacheeto fight we could be saying an ATG.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
            3rd best?

Floyd
            pacquiao
            froch all have better resumes than cotto.

cotto is a very good fighter.

but mayorga,jennings,foreman,rodriguez,gomez. cotto has some soft touches on that resume

his best win is shane mosley
            you forgot wards resume...but overall you nailed it bluebeam..cotto is overrated

Comment

Originally posted by PorterIsFuture View Post
              Canelo doesn't have good wins over Baldomir & Mosley. It's like saying Bradley stopped a Prime Casamayor. Canelo hasn't done anything to compare to Cotto. He's beaten Trout, Angulo, Vazquez, & Lara + a bunch of victories over shot fighters.

Cotto has a lot of solid wins. Paulie, Judah, Bailey, Quintana, Clottey, Mosley, and some wins over shot Martinez, injured Foreman & Margarito.
              Please explain to me how knocking out baldomir is not a good win for canelo, did you watch the fight or are you just talking nonsense...mosley got beat up for 12 rds from canelo
              Wheather you agree or not cotto lost to clottey

Comment

Originally posted by manoamano View Post
                Cotto is one of the best welter weights. If not for the Margacheeto fight we could be saying an ATG.
                margacheato won the first won, no plaster of paris proof so you cant say that(mystery)...second fight margacheato was damaged eye goods thanks to manny but if you remember before the stoppage margacheato was coming on

Comment

His resume is kind of suspect, but given the amount of time adding up decent (Malinaggi, Torres, Baily and the like) wins is meaningful and there are some of a better variety (Mosley, Matinez, Margarito) but there are some questions marks with those (close, old, faded) but he won them so they do count for something on his ledger.

He fell short in most of his biggest moments which were his toughest fights.

He had a good career one of the better fighters of the era but certainly a cut below the very top end, he might be the first in line after that cut off though.

Comment

Why don't you just come out and simply say that you wanna compare Cotto's resume with Canelos. 9.5 out 10 times you'll lose at this point. That's the problem with new era boxing fans today, they don't research history and judge the tail end of a fighters career on what they look like now. It's like new era NBA fans (esp minors) saying LeBron is better then Jordan.
                    Last edited by AP♠; 12-30-2014, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
                      I'd also say Roman Gonzalez has a better resume than Cotto. Estrada, Yaegashi, Takayama, Rodriguez, Hirales.
                      my pet rock has a better resume than cotto

Comment

Working...
                      X