Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are Cotto's Best wins.?? How do you rate his resume????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
    His resume is kind of suspect, but given the amount of time adding up decent (Malinaggi, Torres, Baily and the like) wins is meaningful and there are some of a better variety (Mosley, Matinez, Margarito) but there are some questions marks with those (close, old, faded) but he won them so they do count for something on his ledger.

He fell short in most of his biggest moments which were his toughest fights.

He had a good career one of the better fighters of the era but certainly a cut below the very top end, he might be the first in line after that cut off though.
    Martinez was crippled going into the fight aka cashout fight. Margarito was damaged Eye goods thanks to manny..leaves you with Mosley as the lone significant win in the last several years.

Comment

Originally posted by Lullaby View Post
      Lol @ Cotto having the 3rd best resume in boxing. SMH

Shane Mosley = past it.

Margarito = Good win .

Martinez??? = wayyyyy past it.

Zab Judah?? = good win.

thats about it.
      his eye was already broken and he was coming off of a brutal loss

Comment

Canelo has wins over Carlos Baldomir, Shane Mosley, Lopez, Austin Traut, Angulo ,Lara.

I'd say they both have pretty comparable resumes considering some of Cotto's losses also Canelo has only lost once probably to the Greatest Fighter of Our Generation.

No way does Cotto deserve the Lion's share in Canelo negotiations.
        lol.............

Comment

Cotto's wins do not give him the 3rd best resume or even a top 5 resume period..stop

Comment

Canelo has wins over Carlos Baldomir, Shane Mosley, Lopez, Austin Traut, Angulo ,Lara.

I'd say they both have pretty comparable resumes considering some of Cotto's losses also Canelo has only lost once probably to the Greatest Fighter of Our Generation.

No way does Cotto deserve the Lion's share in Canelo negotiations.
            Even Canelo knows he needs to bend over and take it like a man in negotiations. During the actual fight that might be different though! lol

Comment

Originally posted by juandabomb View Post
              Martinez was crippled going into the fight aka cashout fight. Margarito was damaged Eye goods thanks to manny..leaves you with Mosley as the lone significant win in the last several years.
              I said there were question marks, you can rate them how you want I don't mind.

The Mosley fight was really close and if you compare that to other Mosley losses where he really got out boxed they look real different.

So I would call that a question mark also, but the other ones are certainly different.

Was that 06 he fought Mosley?

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                I said there were question marks, you can rate them how you want I don't mind.

The Mosley fight was really close and if you compare that to other Mosley losses where he really got out boxed they look real different.

So I would call that a question mark also, but the other ones are certainly different.

Was that 06 he fought Mosley?
                2007 sugar had a little left in the tank to make it credible imo

Comment

So according to NSB, these are two bums who either lost to good opossition or hasn't foght anybody! They should name the card "The Battle of the Bums"! This site is hilarious!

Comment

Originally posted by juandabomb View Post
                    2007 sugar had a little left in the tank to make it credible imo
                    I think that was about the same as any late model Mosley at least until the very bitter end.

That would still be his number 1 though and that was a pretty damn close fight if you ask me, still fighting evenly with a good version of Mosley edging him is worthy of praise.

Comment

Originally posted by Basco View Post
                      So according to NSB, these are two bums who either lost to good opossition or hasn't foght anybody! They should name the card "The Battle of the Bums"! This site is hilarious!
                      The thing is people are pushing this fight like it is some mega fight...when it is not..sure it is a good action fight but these 2 are not mega fighters period..sure they each did big numbers but with whom??? FLOYD AND MANNY..these 2 are not huge name fighters and i do not understand why people act like they are..neither has great wins on their resume..these are 2 solid action fighters...

Comment

Working...
                      X